6 Feelings We Have About Starting Our Final Semester

It is a scary and exciting time in our lives.

162
Author's photo

It's the start of a new semester and for some of us, it's the beginning of our last semester. For those of us who are graduating soon, there are lots of different feelings and emotions we have coming into our last semester. We are excited, scared and everything in between.

1. We are excited!

It is exciting to think that in a few short months we will be graduating. We have worked hard to get here, and it is good to see our hard work pay off. We will also be moving on to pursue our goals whether that be graduate school or going into the workforce.

2. We are scared.

We only have one more semester to finish all our applications for jobs and schools, and that just doesn't feel like enough time. We also have to pass all our classes, so there is a lot of pressure riding on us during this last semester.

3. We are sad.

We are almost done with undergrad and we never thought we would make it, so it's relieving to know we are so close. Plus, there are things we won't have to do again like sign up for classes and pull all-nighters cramming for tests, at least at the undergrad level. Unfortunately, those of us going to grad school will still have to do those things.

5. We are nervous.

We are about to end one chapter and start another in our lives. Many of us are not certain of our futures. We are waiting to hear back from potential schools and employers and it can be pretty nerve-wracking not knowing what you will we doing this time next year.

6. We are ready!

We may be scared about finishing our last semester and what our futures may hold, but we are ready for the challenge. We have worked hard to get here, and we aren't going to let bumps in the road stop us from accomplishing our goals, whether they be to continue our education or to get our dream job, and we still have a few more months to figure it all out!