Things Nobody Tells You It's OK To Feel When You Reach Your Twenties

The Things Nobody Tells You It's OK To Feel When You Reach Your Twenties

Being in your twenties means everyone around you is in different life's stages, and that's OK.

2609

Learning from my own personal experience, I've discovered being in your twenties is a weird time in your life. I believe in your twenties you really begin to better understand yourself and those around you, but everyone goes through this at different points in their lives. Not everyone is on the "same page". All my friends are at different points and life stages.

For example, I have friends that are...

Single

Going out every night

Cramming for tests and pulling all-nighters

Going to grad schools

In a relationship

Engaged

Married

Buying a house

Expecting

Working their career

... and so much more.

What no one tells you is that it's OK if you don't have your life figured out right now. It's OK to be in a different life stage than those around you. There's no set time to be at a certain point in life. You don't need to compare yourself to where others are in their journey. Everyone's life is unique and different. So while your best friend may be dating someone who looks like your favorite actor or actress, it is OK for you to be single and enjoying life still. You shouldn't feel ashamed for wanting to pursue a masters or grad school just because your friends are starting families. The right time for everything differs from person to person, so surround yourself with people who will support your decisions along the way.

"Every stage of life is unique. At any age and stage of life, there are obstacles and opportunities, trials and triumphs. Never allow the negative bring to you to sudden halt. Make the most of the positive opportunities and stay positive." ― Lailah Gifty Akita

As you go on through life, just remember to,

"Take it all in. Rehash stories of old, remember people, times and occasions gone by. Allow everything you see to remind you of something. Talk about those things. Stop and take your time to notice things and make those things you notice matter. Find out the answers you didn't know to yesterday's crosswords. Slow down. Stop trying to do everything now, now, now." ― Cecelia Ahern, Thanks for the Memories

There is no rush and no perfect timing. Enjoy every moment.