The Winter Has Been Weighing On Me

The Winter Has Been Weighing On Me

Sometimes, life is just hard.

5

Sometimes with the winter blues and the stress of school, life can get to be very hard. The semester is well along and it seems like at least for myself I always have something to do. It's important to take care of yourself when your mental health is struggling.

Self-care can be glamorized by the Snapchats of face masks and bubble baths, but it can be even simpler than that. Taking a few minutes to meditate or stretch, getting outside in the sun for a while, or even getting your favorite scent of candle and lighting that nearby while you work.

For some regions, getting outside and sun are two things rendered impossible during these winter months. These winter months can be tough when the sun rarely comes out or it's below freezing. Some people might turn to tan beds to get some of that Vitamin D, but there are also lights you can buy on Amazon that give you artificial sunlight without the tanning process.

When you hear the word meditate, you may think sitting cross-leg on the floor humming with candles all around. When in reality, it can be as simple as closing your eyes at your desk and just focusing on your breathing for a few minutes. There's also plenty of playlists and music that you can play for a few minutes too to help calm you down while you focus on breathing. On Spotify, there is a lot of mediation playlists that play the kind of relaxing music that plays softly at spas and massage parlors. I listen to it when going down to sleep and it helps a lot.

There are so many different things you can do to step aside from the stress of life and take a moment for yourself. You would be surprised how beneficial it can be to just spend a few minutes on yourself. It gets hard, but it will go on and we will get through it. Spring is right around the corner, longer days and warmer temperatures.

Don't be afraid to talk to someone if you need it, sometimes it can help to bitch it out.

https://www.amazon.com/Verilux-HappyLight-Compact-...