Nothing Is As Painful As Staying Somewhere You Don't Belong

You will never need a reason to leave and you will never need a reason to stay because sometimes, just knowing is enough.

195
https://unsplash.com/photos/vXymirxr5ac

"Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying somewhere you don't belong."

We are all afraid. We are all afraid of change, of growing, of possibly becoming people ten years from now that we would not recognize today. All of these thoughts and ideas are incredibly scary and they stunt us in our everyday lives from reaching out and sitting down with ourselves and realizing what we must do. This fear of pain and change and growth and becoming stops us, but what we do not realize is that the true pains lies within the inability to act. The true pain exists with staying somewhere that we do not belong.

I've had my fair share of dilemmas. I personally have had the same dilemma gloom over me for a good portion of this entire year. The same problem, and the same thoughts going back and forth through my mind as though the limbo will never reach an end. It's a bit ridiculous. The fact that the same problem has taken up so much of my time. However, the reason behind my obsession with this problem is the fact that I am afraid. I am afraid of taking the leap and leaving behind what I am comfortable in right now. I am afraid of change, of growing, of taking the chance to potentially discover something that I may fall in love with. I am afraid of what can be, and what will be different, and I have allowed others to manifest these ideas for me. I have told others about my fears and my apprehensions and they have spoken them out loud as well such that they have become real all on their own. However, I have known the solution to my dilemma all along.

I have had the same dilemma gloom over me for a good portion of this entire year.

I will not have this dilemma anymore.

You see, when we allow ourselves to give in to these fears, we just create whirlwinds of confusion and anxiety and pain within ourselves. Let yourself grow, let yourself change, and let yourself do all the things that you want to do. At the end of the day, you have to do things for yourself. If that means leaving an organization, or switching schools, or changing majors, then so be it because it will make you happier in the end.