To Those Who Feel Stuck In Their Hometown

Change can be scary, but it can also be positively life changing.

5218
Ron Moore

Have you ever felt like no one actually understands your situation? Or maybe you feel as though you will be stuck in the same place your entire life. If you have ever felt stuck in your hometown, this article is definitely for you.

Often times, we end up stuck in our hometown. Some choose to stay for family, others choose to stay for the sake of loving their hometown, and some stay only because they absolutely have to. Once you have lived in the same place for years and years, life tends to get old. Often times, it is very hard for people to leave the comfortable environment of being around family, friends, and the place they have been raised in. But for someone who is unlike the others, for someone who does not have much family at all in their hometown, for someone who craves to see the world...it can be challenging to stay in their hometown.

You aren't mean to stay in one place forever. It would be almost like staying in your bedroom your entire life and never leaving. That is what it feels like to be in the same place for 17 years. It is understandable that for those who have an abundance of family and friends in your town, an enjoyable job, and a nice home, that you would want to stay. Although your life is glamorous and you wouldn't have it any other way, don't be so quick to judge others for loathing where they are.

Some souls are meant to wander far and wide. They live for freedom, travel, and experience. There is much of the Earth to be explored and it can sometimes feel like you aren't living at all. You are merely existing. That feeling alone can be absolutely devastating to someone who is trapped in one place. The passion for travel, adventure, and new things can begin to fade, and it's usually when one loses their hope for escaping.

Everything begins to look old, boring, lifeless, and dull at "home." You imagine being on the road, or maybe in a beautiful cottage by the sea, or wandering the streets of New York, yet you are stuck somewhere where you can't see beauty anymore no matter how hard you try, and it can be extremely discouraging. However, you must find the courage to work at your dreams.

The feeling of being stuck can be especially hard when you are extremely different from everyone else you live in this town with. For example, I happen to live in a town where a large majority of people like to hunt, watch/play football, and all have the exact opposite views on everything that I do. It can sometimes feel as though you are lost. Deep in your soul, you know this is not where you are meant to be and it can hurt. It hurts to walk around and be looked at as the outsider, as the freak, as the crazy hippie weirdo. But, deep in your heart, you have to find the courage to escape. Change can be scary, but it can also be positively life changing. Get out there.