FCKH8 Defines What It Means To Be A "Real Woman"

46

On Aug. 24, FCKH8 uploaded a video to YouTube and the message went viral. The 58-second video, Feminists vs. Photoshop: Real Women Stand In Their Underwear to Stand Up to Sexist Beauty Standards, begins with women stripping off FCKH8’s This Is What Feminism Looks Like shirt and proudly standing before the camera, un-photoshopped and unashamed.

Six empowered women stand before the camera in a stance to end the “real women are…” statement, shutting down any beliefs that women have to fit into a certain category.

“Real women stand in their bras and underwear to stand up to the sexist and unrealistic beauty standards imposed on women by the fashion industry,” the video description reads. “Proving that real women are beautiful in all colors, shapes, sizes and ages, these powerful women show it all to show their support for images that don't send a message to women that their bodies are bad. With edge and attitude, think of this video as the F-bomb-dropping sister to those popular Dove commercials.”

FCKH8.com is a for-profit t-shirt company “ arming thousands of people with pro-LGBT equality, anti-racism, and anti-sexism T-shirts that act as ‘mini-billboards’ for change.

The company's various t-shirts include sayings such as " Girls just want to have FUN-damental rights," " Racism is not over, but I'm over racism," and "Some kids are gay. That's ok."

The t-shirt profits support various charities for women, the LGBT community, anti-racism campaigns, and more.