11 Songs I Can't Stop Listening To This Summer

How I get myself to feel motivated and have great background music for a party with friends or a solo dance party in the shower (try it, you'll thank me).

106
Hanny Naibaho

To me, music makes everything better - parties, studying, hanging out, showering, working out, cooking, literally everything. Sometimes I run out of new songs to listen to because I listen to so much daily, so I thought I would share some of my recent summer favorites and hopefully some will make it onto your playlist.

1. "Rise" By Jonas Blue feat. Jack & Jack

One of my best friends sent me this song and I loved it right after I heard it (shoutout to Priscilla). It is super upbeat and has a happy, carefree tone that's perfect for waking up in the morning or a little energy.

2. "Cross My Mind" By A R I Z O N A

I love this artist, they're definitely worth looking into and they don't have a single bad song. "Cross My Mind" is perfect for summer, when you're missing all your friends from school or thinking of that special person when you're apart.

3. "'Til It's Over" By Anderson .Paak

This song has a perfect blend of calm and energy. It provides a great few minutes in your morning, on the way to the gym, or while hanging out.

4. "Feel It" By GTA & "What So Not" feat. Tunji Ige

Getting a little more into the EDM section, this song makes me feel motivated and is great for background music at a party with your friends or your solo dance party in the shower (try it, you'll thank me).

5. "Like I Do" By David Guetta, Martin Garrix, & Brooks

Without a doubt, one of my favorite working out songs. If you like this one, check out more David Guetta and Martin Garrix.

6. "Without You" By Avicii feat. Sandro Cavazza

This song makes me want to cry but dance and scream the words all at the same time. Rest in peace Avicii.

7. "OTW" By Khalid, 6LACK, & Ty Dolla $ign

A much more calm song, with amazing vocals by Khalid. Such a perfect one for taking a bath or a calm day.

8. "Answerphone" By Banx & Ranx, & Ella Eyre feat. Yxing Bane

"Answerphone" offers a jam with some energy. The artist provides a smooth voice backed by a fun background.

9. "Vertigo" By DOLF & Yellow Claw feat. Caroline Pennell

Yellow Claw has recently been one of the artists I've been keeping an eye on. The DJs never fail to create upbeat music, perfect for parties or providing energy.

10. "Pretender" By Steve Aoki feat. Lil Yachty & AJR

When I listen to this I feel so much energy. This one is a personal favorite to play in the car while I'm on my way to something fun. Steve Aoki and AJR each have so many fun songs.

11. "no tears left to cry" By Ariana Grande

Ariana's voice is always amazing, but in this song, she tones the high notes back a little and picks up the motivation and gives it to the listener.

This short list of songs has been some of my favorites to listen to over and over recently. Music is perfect to always have to play, so why not try out some of my favorites and see if that playlist you always play will have some new additions.