Favorite Lush Products of 2016

Favorite Lush Products of 2016

I'm a junkie, but at least this stuff is good for me!

59
Favorite Lush Products of 2016
Her Campus

I'm a huge sell out for Lush. When I go into a Lush store, I always want to buy at least five things. This year, I've really put some money into trying their products and have been very happy with the results! Here are some of my favorite Lush products this year.

1. Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar

If I had to recommend just one thing on this list, it would be a shampoo bar. I feel like my hair has never been cleaner with any other shampoos. After washing my hair with one of Lush's shampoo bars, my hair is literally squeaky clean, there's no residue leftover, and my hair last at least one day longer between washes. One of the best things about these bars is that one bar is equal to three medium sized bottles of shampoo, and there's no plastic involved at all! I've tried a lot of shampoo bars over the past few years, but my favorite is the Jumping Juniper bar. It smells like heaven, with juniperberry, lavender, lemon, lime, and rosemary soaking into my hair. When my hair was longer, I used to be able to smell it when I turned my head quickly- even on day two after washing.

2. Avobath Bath Bomb

This bath bomb smells so delicious; it's my all time favorite bath bomb. I'm a sucker for anything lemony, and the Avobath has lemongrass, avocados, and olive oil in it. I always feel so soft after I take a bath with one of these. It also colors the water a dreamy, soft green, which makes me feel like a mermaid in a lagoon.

3. R&B Hair Moisturizer

For awhile, I wouldn't use a conditioner in the shower, and just used this on my damp hair. After a fair number of bleaching treatments, my hair was pretty brittle when it was wet, and even when I used conditioner in the shower my hair would still split and break when it was drying. When I switched to R&B, those problems went away. My hair was soft and shiny, and it was so easy to brush through. Nothing can really help split ends except for cutting them off, but R&B made what wasn't broken a lot stronger. The major ingredients in R&B are avocado butter, oatmeal, olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, jojoba oil and candelilla wax, which all are known for helping moisturize and strengthen your hair and scalp.

4. Big Shampoo

Big is a jar shampoo and, like it says in the name, it's made to give your hair lots of volume. Big really helped to add more volume at my roots, but I have a very sensitive scalp and it caused a little big more flaking and dryness for me. I gave the rest of the jar to my mom for her to try. She has fine hair and is always looking for products to help her hair from lying too flat. It's now her favorite shampoo, so if you have fine hair this is the shampoo for you to try! Over half of the product is sea salt, which is why it gives you such great volume. There's also coconut oil and citrus juices to finish you off with soft and shiny hair.

5. No Drought Dry Shampoo

My dark hair has made it hard for me to find a dry shampoo that works. Sprays wouldn't be powerful enough, and powders would never blend in. I decided to try Lush's dry shampoo, and I fell in love. It soaks up oil so well, and it completely blends and disappears into your hair color. Another plus is that it's another product that smells lemony fresh! It volumizes flat hair and gets rid of the smell of your natural oils to keep your hair extra fresh with grapefruit, lemon, and lime.

6. Jackie Oats Color Supplement

On the lucky days that I don't want or need the full coverage of a foundation, I like to use a BB cream. Most of the BB creams that I've tried have either been too thick or too watery, but Lush's creams are the perfect spot in between. Jackie Oats is the lightest shade that they have in their line, and it blends in well. Lush offers a pretty good selection of shades with 8 different colors, paying attention to how different undertones affect the shades. My roommate and I are both really pale, her much more than me, and Jackie Oats can blend into both of our skin without looking odd, so there is most likely a shade that will work for you. The two top ingredients in Jackie Oats are oats and honey, which are very soothing and hydrating for your skin.

7. Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter

I have awful cuticles. I always have hang nails and dead skin, it's gross. I got Lemony Flutter because it was recommended to me when I was complaining about scabby fingers. It's a real miracle worker, my cuticles are so soft and I never have any flaking or baby hangnails when I use this product. Lemon, beeswax, and avocado oil make up the majority of Lemony Flutter. Lush reports that customers have even used this product on their roughest parts, like elbows and feet.

8. Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub

When I first tried this product,I couldn't believe how soft my hands were. It was like I was fresh out of the womb, it felt like new skin! Sea salt, avocado oil, coconut oil, lime, and vodka scrub away dead skin and unblock your pores. Because of the oils in this product, you can use it just by itself or use it with a lotion afterward.

9. Sympathy for the Skin Hand and Body Lotion

This lotion is my favorite purely because of thesmell. Most of the Lush lotions that I've used have all beensimilar quality, so it really all comes down to personal preference of what you want your lotion to smell like. This one smells like ice cream. It's got bananas, vanilla pods, lemon oil, and sandalwood- what more could you ask for? It doesn't go on heavy and it leaves your skin feeling incredibly soft. This combined with Ocean Salt is a phenomenal combination.

So go forth and treat yourself to some wonderful products!