Everyday Necessities And Tiny Luxuries That I Live By

Inspired by an article that I read on Man Repeller, here are some of my favorite and most used everyday items. Plus, they're all perfect for summer!

437

Whether you carry a Mary Poppins purse that houses enough resources to survive an apocalypse with, or you keep it simple with a couple of handy essentials, there are a select few prized possessions that I must share with you. I keep these magical items in my school backpack, purse, or on top of my bedside table. No matter the season or mood, these are the things that I consistently keep around, each with a shiny 5-star rating from yours truly.

Chimes Ginger Chews

When I go out for sushi with my friends or boyfriend, I am notorious for neglecting my portion of sliced ginger. There is just something about the taste of the raw plant that I can't seem to fancy. With that being said, I cannot get enough of my favorite ginger chew treats made by Chimes. The sweet goody has a chewy consistency, a bit denser than your typical gummy candy. The ginger taste is subtle, yet spicy hints of the root vegetable are still distinct in the overall flavor. The all natural, gluten-free, and vegan snack come individually wrapped in packs of ten, or can be ordered in bulk by the pound on Amazon for under fifteen dollars! I usually buy them at TJ Maxx or at a local grocery store. As I am allergic and sensitive to many foods, ginger chews are always at my rescue. Their ability to soothe nausea and anxiety is incredible. Ginger chews also have a very low caloric value, ten chews are just under 200 calories!

Diorshow Mascara

I rarely wear makeup (or wash my face, eep) but my go-to cosmetic staple item is Diorshow mascara. When I do decide to put on a little makeup, I usually just wear mascara and a wee bit of foundation. I would say my hair color is a light brunette or honey brown to be exact. Because of my light coloring and fair skin tone, my eyelashes are pretty much nonexistent without a proper coating of black mascara. I've tried plenty of different mascara brands, brushes, and colors being it is one of the only makeup products that I consistently use. Diorshow is one of, if not the only mascara that gives my eyelashes the perfect amount of pizzazz. You can buy this product at almost any beauty or department store at just about thirty dollars! I get it in the 090 color which is plain black. Diorshow gives my eyelashes a voluminous yet natural appearance and one tube last me at least 4-6 months!

InstagramInstagram

Homemade matcha drink

As seen on Instagram and arriving on coffee shop menu's everywhere, matcha infused beverages are truly all that they're hyped up to be. The sweet, usually milk based, drink is a tasty coffee alternative with the same amount of caffeine and a longer lasting buzz! Unfortunately, I have never come across an excitingly affordable matcha latte. My boyfriend's mom kindly shared her homemade version of the infamous matcha latte with me, and it's much healthier too. All you'll need to do is put 8oz of your favorite milk, a teaspoon of vanilla, two stevia packets, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of agave or maple syrup, a handful of spinach, and a drop of rose water (optional) into a blender. Serve the drink over a few ice cubes for the best results and that six dollar store made matcha latte will become a piece of the past.

UnsplashUnsplash

Volcano candle

I began working as a Customer Associate at Anthropologie a few months ago and I have become a candle connoisseur ever since. While we are mainly known for our uniquely beautiful clothing, we are just as much known for our stunning selection of candles. Chances are, if you've ever walked into an Anthropologie store, you have gotten a whiff of the candle that I'd like to share with you. Despite the name, it does not smell like a rupturing volcano. Instead, the iconic scent stands out above other candles with its strikingly tropical aroma as well as delightful hints of citrus and flora. Not a candle lover? That's ok too. The Volcano scent is also infused into lotion, soap, and even room spray!

Memo pad/ note-taking app

Writing weekly articles and countless essays during the school year means that I must set aside a decent amount of time to organize and manage my ideas for new topics. But sometimes an article pitch will magically spark up inside my head. This often happens randomly, at the grocery store for example or while watching a movie. When my computer isn't in reach, my memo pad or cell phone usually is. I'll grab one of the two and jot down whatever thoughts have come to mind and that I feel are worthy of remembrance. When I get back to my computer I can easily check back to my quick outline and continue brainstorming.

UnsplashUnsplash