America's Favorite Democrats To Have Served Our Ever Nation

There are tons of great democrats in the United States, and there are some real stars in the party that rise above the rest.

167
ObamaWhiteHouse.gov

From the beginning of the modern era, there have been hundreds of millions of Democrats all across the country. In fact, as of now, 38% of the electorate identify themselves as Democrats. Out of all of the Democratic leaders, so many of them have wonderful qualities that make them stick out. However, not all Democrats are created equally, and some Dems seem to outshine the others. Here is an indefinite list of some of the most beloved and vital people that have composed the Democratic party over the years...

The Roosevelts

The Roosevelts have defined what we know as the Democratic power duo. FDR is possibly the most beloved of Democrats (only JFK would be able to compete), and he basically built the platform that we see today. Eleanor also set the stage for what the role of the First Lady was going to be for the rest of the century and onward, and, without that, we wouldn't have seen so many wonderful projects tackled by subsequent First Ladies.

Harry Truman

Harry Truman set achieving universal healthcare as one of the main goals of the Democratic Party, and while his idea was far ahead of his time, UHC is still a dream of the Democrats. Truman's greatest accomplishments while in office include: helping found the United Nations, getting the Truman Doctrine into place to contain the spread of communism, and enacting the Marshall Plan to aid in rebuilding western Europe after WWII.

JFK

JFK is, like FDR, arguably the most beloved alumni of the Democratic Party. The entire nation, not just Democrats, mourned over his assassination. He holds a special place in every American's heart, and the country may not have made it through the Cuban Missile Crisis without his bold leadership.

The Clintons

It's hard to separate the Clintons as separate entities given how involved they both have been in each others' political careers. I'm not sure that either of them would be where they are without the other. Bill, the political jock, makes up the brawn of the power couple. Meanwhile Hillary, the self-described "policy wonk," makes up the brains. They have been an unstoppable duo since meeting at Yale Law School.

Al Gore

Al Gore has been the most vital voice in the Democratic party when it comes to taking on climate change as a national issue. After his controversial 2000 presidential election loss, Gore went on to make a documentary on climate change, "An Inconvenient Truth," and recently released "An Inconvenient Sequel."

Madeline Albright

Madeline Albright, a Czech-American, is the first woman to have become Secretary of State in United States history. Albright also served as an an United Nations ambassador prior to Sec. of State. Serving under Bill Clinton in his second term, she was instrumental in shaping foreign policy, and her influence has lasted in that position. Famously, she once said, "There is a special place in hell for women who don't support other women."

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Democrats' most treasured Supreme Court Justice, especially given that the court has swung conservative with Donald Trump's appointment of Neil Gorsuch. Ginsburg, appointed by Bill Clinton, is the second Jewish person to serve on the Supreme Court and is also the second woman to serve on the Supreme Court. Ginsburg has our hearts, and Democrats will always remember her as one of the best SCOTUS Justices to serve the country.

John Lewis

Currently serving as a Representative from Georgia, John Lewis is known for his fight for civil rights. He was one of the "Big Six" to organize the 1963 March on Washington. Lewis was also one of the original 13 Freedom Riders. Out of all of the Reps. serving in congress, Rep. Lewis is by far my favorite, and the Democratic Party owes him so much for his life's work, working towards racial equality. Without him, we may have never seen...

The Obamas

Watching the Obamas leave the White House this January was one of the most heartbreaking moments for Democrats all across the country, and they have been greatly missed ever since. The Obamas are one of the most historically significant of all First Families, and they have served the country amazingly. The first black President and First Lady will have a lasting place in the heart of every Democrat.