Favorite Color Orange

10 Things You Know To Be True If You Are Slightly Obsessed With The Color Orange

The ten truths behind loving the color orange.

538
Provided by Sarina Gersten

My favorite color has been orange for as long as I can remember. My parents claim that I have liked orange since I was 5 1/2 months old when I would grab for the stuffed Tigger on my baby mobile. While there is only a small subset of people who claim orange to be their favorite color, orange enthusiasts have these ten truths in common.

1.  You have a hard time finding orange clothes.

Is it just me or do clothing stores go through phases of having tons of the best color clothing and then go back to having blues and pinks? I keep clothes forever because who knows when I'll find clothes in orange again. Personally, I want to advocate for an all orange clothing line. Anyone else? Or is this a problem only I see?

2. Your friends get concerned if you are not wearing some sort of orange.

I have had my friends come up to me and ask if I am sick or sad on the sole basis of my lack of orange clothing. Typically these instances occur on laundry days, but apparently that is not an acceptable excuse to not wear orange.

3. You may have insisted on finding an orange prom dress.

Provided by Sarina Gersten

It may have taken many months, but it was all worth it when you got to wear your favorite color on prom night. Also, no one was surprised when you walked into prom wearing all orange.

4. Your love for orange extends to shoes.

Provided by Sarina Gersten

You own more than 5 pairs of orange shoes including a pair of orange Birkenstocks. It is not insane that you own so much orange...right?

5. It also extends to graduation attire.

Provided by Sarina Gersten

The graduation gown may have been white and an orange dress may have shown through, but I could not pass up the opportunity to graduate in my favorite color.

6. People get really excited and text you pictures when they find something in orange.  Apparently it reminds them of you.

I have had people tell me that they saw an orange shirt at a random store and they thought of me which is a really touching gesture. Sometimes though these finding extend to really random things like paper clips.

"Hey Sarina! I saw an orange toilet and thought of you!"

"Thanks I think..."

7. Your room at college is all orange which can be hard to coordinate with roommates.

Provided by Sarina Gersten

Yes I got orange bedding and an orange curtain. I would have painted the walls orange, but the school won't let us do that. Yes my room at home is also orange (including the walls).

8. Many of your accessories are also orange like your phone.

c1.staticflickr.com

Everyone knows which phone is mine because I am the only person who sprung for the orange Life Proof case. This trend extends to backpacks, water bottles, umbrellas, purses, and so on.

9. Your Favorite Character may be Tigger.

Is he my favorite because he's orange? Yes, that would be a very accurate statement.

10. You always wonder if people are oblivious when they ask if your favorite color is orange.

Provided by Sarina Gersten

"Is your favorite color orange?" "No, Janet my favorite color is blue." *Major eye roll* "That's why I wear orange all the time and most things I own are orange."

But seriously, when people catch on to my favorite color, they just start associating me with the color orange. It's like it's apart of who I am.

I guess maybe I have more of an affinity for orange than most people I know. It makes me stick out everywhere I go because who doesn't notice the 5'1" girl running around in all orange? But I wouldn't change it for the world. It may be a bit odd, but at least I always have my fun fact when I introduce myself.