My Favorite Band Is Getting Back Together

Y'all... It's happening. My favorite back is getting back together and I cannot stay calm!
194

If you don't know me already, I have been obsessed with Country music for as long as I can remember, and with that obviously comes your favorite singers and bands.

Well my favorite country band has been on separate paths for what it seems like entirety, but it’s only really been about the last 6 years. It has been torture, as you could imagine but I understand their desire to do their own thing since they probably needed to evolve themselves as an individual instead of as a duo. Well, a few weeks ago, at the Country Music Awards, the duo Sugarland united and presented at the awards, un-announced if I may add (still a little salty about that one). They then ended up playing a few songs after the show and my heart just couldn't take it. My two favorite people back on one stage made me go through all the emotions. I mean, I’m sure my 11-year-old self was jumping for joy. But their actions also made me tweet them like crazy. I needed answers: Why didn't you tell us? How did we not know? What does this mean? What can we expect? How long have you been hiding this? Do I need to set up a GoFundMe page to collect donations for VIP tickets?

I fondly remember this group on my television screen singing one of their singles and ever since, I was just obsessed and wanted to know everything about them. I have been following Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush for 10 years now and every second has been worth it. To make matters seem ever more obsessive, I have their pre-Sugarland day music as well, so I think that puts me in a different ball-game, right? Anyway, I have seen them perform in a few different west-coast cities and I have met a few other fans along the way because of them. I guess at this point they are a part of my life and history as a person.

Their music is something I have always ran to when I was having a bad day or even a good day. It was such a reliable source to go to for anything and it still sometimes is. I think it's truly important that everyone has something that they are able to go to for a pick me up, guidance, and encouragement. More times than not, music or art has become everyone's guilty pleasure and I think it's special that we are all connected in that way. Throughout history is seems like no matter the circumstances may be, music has connected a community into something strong than it was before and I admire that. With this group that I admire so much, they have connected with so many people that it is deeply inspiring.

Nonetheless, I can't wait to purchase another one of their albums, a few more concert tickets, and a few more merchandise items to keep for years to come. From beginning to end, I will be here to support this duo; I mean I have nothing else to do really... So, Jennifer and Kristian, I am so excited for this new chapter of Sugarland and I can't wait to be apart of this crazy ride.