Following The Father Of Light

Following The Father Of Light

The wisest way to receive understanding.

16
Following The Father Of Light
All posters.com

A few years ago, in my second year of college, I remember sitting in an extra elective Art History class, feeling bored and uninterested by a lot of the work. Mid way through the semester, my professor began to show art from notable periods of time that people usually find interesting, such as the Age of Enlightenment and the Renaissance. It was then that my interest suddenly sparked, when these historical notable periods of time of discovery and revelation were explained in detail. It wasn't necessarily the new-found knowledge and expression of art that startled my interest, but it was the high curiosity of the people of this time and the amount of effort they put in to fulfilling their curiosity.

In this generation of today, known as Generation X, knowledge and consciousness has increasingly become the norm, whether it be social and political issues, religion, relationships or lifestyle. Nothing is new under the sun, as we see that we too are experiencing this curiosity and yearning of knowledge and wisdom today. Where does this curiosity come from? Why do we seek for truth in the midst of ignorance? Where is the light in the midst of darkness? It is encouraging to believe that we come from a creator, whom is wisdom and has made us for intimacy with him so that we may only find truth and knowledge in him: "The Father of lights." A name used by James, the brother and servant of Jesus, to describe God, as he acknowledged who he has and what he does.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures." -James 1:17‭-‬18

Without light, we can not physically see, nor can we mentally understand anything, as light means understanding. "Light" in this verse, literally consists of all of its meaning. The Father of Lights is the father of the source of energy and source of what enables us to see. He is the Father that enables us to understand, as he gives us knowledge, wisdom and understanding because he is knowledge. This gift of knowing real truth in the midst of ignorance in this world, is gladly bestowed on us, if we simply communicate with God. No matter what, in all situations and trials, there is a solution.

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him" -James 1:5

He is the same one that gave you a brain for thought, understanding and action, but we can only use a percentage of our brain for a reason. We are limited for a reason, because he is God and he wants to be close to us, therefore diminishing the ability of us figuring out everything on our own. I encourage you to fulfill your desire to learn and raise your curiosity by seeking him. His understanding and your life will be so much powerful, as you will be full of light shining in a world of darkness. Get intimate with him.