Don't Blink

Don't Blink

A weekend wake-up call.

461
Don't Blink
Bethany-Grace Bowers

You know those weekends that just fuel your weekdays. Yeah just had one of those. There’s so much to say about a getaway with great people and it just makes you happy. Visiting my favorite city with these people made me start thinking. Being a “grown-up” isn’t that far away. You might think that that is weird thought but think about it for a second.

We’re only getting older. We used to sit in our bedrooms and talk about the days when we’d be “old” just like the high-schoolers that babysat us and now those high-schoolers are “young” compared to us. It’s CRAZY! Our friends are applying for “big jobs” and others are finding internships so that their careers take off just as they want them too.

Yeah, okay it’s important to not think too far ahead but it’s coming faster than we think. Now, every decision we make is going to impact our near future and while that is very, very scary, it’s so much more exciting.

With all that being said, I just wanted to say this - don’t take a thing for granted. I know people say this often, but it’s something that rings true time and time again. We can’t let moments and days go by without treasuring special moments, like this past weekend for me. In life, it sometimes seems like the most important things are material, but that is never the case. We’ll lose things and physical things will pass and even though it’s cheesy, we’ll always have memories and the people around us to fill us with joy.

So, today just think about the people and moments in your life that make you smile. Even though the people that you cherish the most can still be a pain sometimes, those are the ones that are more like family, the ones you can’t get rid of and don’t want to. Take time to tell them how much you love them and are thankful for them. This time we have passes so fast and yeah life is going to be amazing but don’t let any time pass without telling those people how much they mean to you because they make life worth living.