My Fascination With The Mandela Effect

My Fascination With The Mandela Effect

What are your feelings on parallel universes?

63
My Fascination With The Mandela Effect
E Online!

Last night I was scrolling through videos (avoiding working on a paper) and I found myself looking up conspiracy theory videos. After watching countless silly ones, such as Taylor Swift being a descendant of Satan, one in particular really has me messed up. The Mandela Effect first gained traction in 2010, when a blogger Fiona Broome described a strange phenomenon she experienced. She discovered that thousands of strangers shared the same false memory. They all believe that Nelson Mandela died in prison during the 1980's and not in 2013. This struck a cord with me, because when I found out about his 2013 death, I was absolutely dumfounded. I distinctly remembered watching a television show when I was in elementary school, about the life and death of Nelson Mandela. I then went into school the next morning, and my best friend was also very confused about him dying. She also recalled a teacher telling her about Nelson Mandela's death when she was younger. After talking to family members, they also could have sworn they watched his funeral on television. I found it odd that we all shared this false memory, but I didn't think too much into it. After finishing the video, I immediately decided to do some more digging. Believers of the Mandela Effect explain these oddly similar memories with the idea of parallel realities. It is said that when the world was supposed to end in 2000 and 2012, it actually did.

As a result we have been "sliding" from dimension to dimension, and our past memories have been affected. One of the most popular theories is about the children's book series, "The Berenstein Bears". Apparently the book series is called the "Berenstain Bears". When I was younger, I read these books as if they were my bible and I watched the cartoon every Sunday. I firmly believe that this show /book series was called "The Berenstein Bears" at one point, one user on Reddit even found an old VHS tape that proves this right. There are many more examples of the Mandela Effect that if you're interested because they're pretty crazy. Make sure to sound off in the comments about your feelings on the Mandela Effect