8 Questions "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" Left Us Wondering

Narrowing down questions and conspiracies.

192
Hey you Guys

Over Thanksgiving week I saw "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." In my opinion, this was one of the greatest additions to the wizarding world (not to mention how adorable Newt was). This movie was great but left many fans with pondering questions on where this magical story will go next.

*Major Spoilers Warning*

1. What happened to Credence? Is he still alive?

First off, what happened to credence and is he still alive? Let’s back up a second and talk about the difference in an obscurial and an obscurus. An obscurus is the darkness itself, whereas the obscurial is the wizard that possesses the obscurus. An obscurus can not survive without a host.

At the end of the movie, we see Newt looking off into the distance at a last wisp of the darkness floating away. Could this be Credence or the remnants of his obscurus?

2. Does Jacob actually remember the wizarding world?

The end of the movie shows Queenie walking into Jacob’s bakery and smiling at him. We then see Jacob smile back, reach up, and touch the bite on his neck from a beast; indicating that he remembers what had happened. Not to mention all of his pastries are shaped like the beasts he encountered.

Earlier in the film when Newt is diluting the venom from the Swooping Evil, he says “I am pretty sure his venom could be quite useful if properly diluted. Just to remove BAD memories”. Recall that the city was not obliviated by a charm, but from the venom raining down on the city. Is it possible that Jacob remembers the wizarding world because his experience of magic was not bad? I sure hope so.

3. Who is Credences mother and why did they reference her if he was an orphan?

Mary Loo Barebone, Credence's caretaker, references his mother as a "wicked woman" indicating she was a witch. Later on, Graves says to Creedence “I can smell squib on you” maybe confirming that Credence’s mother was indeed a witch. So who was Credences mother? We only know a few American wizards, but two imparticular are James Steward and Isolt Sayer.

Isolt Sayer was a pure breed witch who married no-maj James Steward. Together, they founded the American wizardry school known as Ilvermorny. James and Isolt had 4 children. 2 of the which were twins, Rionach and Martha. Martha was a squib and married an unnamed no-maj. Rionach never had children, but Martha’s maternal status was unknown. According to this, Credence could actually be a descendant from Martha, which actually descended from the Gaunt family. Wait, who do we now that was a part of the Gaunt family? Salazar Slytherin. That's right Mind blown right? Maybe now we see why Graves (Grindlewald) had such a taking to Creedence.

4. Is Tina now the Master of the Elder Wand?

Throughout the movie we see the power that Graves, aka Grindelwald has, and can only assume that he is in possession of the elder wand (after all, we can know he has the wand at some point because Voldemort comes looking for it later on).

During the last few scenes of the movie, Tina disarms Grindelwald. As we recall, about the rules of the Elder Wand: whoever conquers the witch or wizard in possession of the wand is the new Master of the wand. So did Grindelwald have the Elder Wand? If so, is Tina now the Master of the wand?

5. Who was Leta Lestrange?

Right when we hear the name "Lestrange", we automatically think of the witch, Bellatrix. Looking back in the Harry Potter books, we find out that Bellatrix actually was a Black, and married into the Lestrange family; which means she actually had no blood relations to Leta. It obviously pains Newt to talk about Leta. He says that she was his best friend, and maybe even an ex girlfriend? Odds are she will probably be in the next movie.

6. Why did Newt get kicked out of Hogwarts?

Call this a hunch, but you know the Giant Squid that lives in the Great Lake at Hogwarts? I have this theory all the thanks goes to Newt Scamander. In the "Fantastic Beasts" movie, we actually see a squid pretty similar to the one at Hogwarts in Newt's briefcase. Maybe this was Newt's accidental doing while at school? After all, his goal is to recue and rehome his beasts.

7. Where in the world is the real Percival Graves?

Will the real Percival Graves please stand up! We found out at the end of the movie that Grindelwald was impersonating Graves throughout the whole movie. The reasons for this could have been 1) he is a metamorphmagi 2) he transfigured himself to look like Graves or 3) used polyjuice potion.

In the movie, the how was unclear, but in an interview with Director David Yates, he says that Grindelwald actually used polyjuice potion to impersonate Graves. Hopefullly, this is the way the next movie will actually go so we can see more of Percival Graves.

8. Who is Newt Scamander? <3

First off, I think most every young female Potter fan was swooned by Newt when they saw him. He's brilliant, nerdy, funny, and even a bit awkward; but that's what makes him so, Newt. He is by far one of my favorite Harry Potter characters. Not to mention the way he interacts with Pickett. So adorable. We love you, Newt!

So that's it for ya! Let me know what ya'll think, or if you have come up with any conspiracies of your own!

Remember to always be inspiring.