Famous Manga Artist, Kayaharuka, Passes Away

Mangaka Passes Away Due To Pancreatic Cancer and Hepatitus

49

It was recently confirmed that famed manga artist, Kayahakura, creator of the renowned manga, The Misfit of Demon King Academy, has passed away due to complications with pancreatic cancer and hepatitis.

The Misfit of Demon King was originally released as a web novel in 2017 but later got an official release in 2018. It follows the story of the Demon King, who sacrifices his life to create a peaceful future for his world and later reincarnates in the Demon King Academy. The manga was canceled 2 weeks ago much to the dismay of many of the series' fans, but which has obviously been explained now with the passing of Kayahakura.

Kayahakura had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer years prior. It, of course, has an extremely low survival rate, with notable figures passing due to the disease such as Alex Trebek and Alan Rickman.

The passing of Kayahakura has hit many fans deeply, who greatly enjoyed his manga and its anime adaptation. Kayahakura posthumously thanked his fans for all of their continued support.

It has not been announced whether the series will be rebooted in light of the creator's death. It can be assumed, however, that many fans would not be comfortable with a work Kayahakura put his heart and soul into be rebooted for factors such as profit. To speak candidly, it would be best to leave his masterpiece as is and let that be a testament to his life and passion.

Regardless, Kayahakura will be sure to remain in the hearts and minds of those in the anime and manga community, especially in that of his most loyal fans. Best of wishes to his family and loved ones in this difficult time. Wherever he is, hopefully he knows how much of a profound impact he made on so many people.