Family Traditions Are Still Important

Family Traditions Are Still Important

They are still around.

83
Family Traditions Are Still Important
Media Cache

Anywhere you go, you will see that all families have traditions. You may not realize it, but you do! Some are more conventional, while some may be truly unique to the family and its members. But they will always be done, and this not only helps the children in the family, but the parents too. This is because with these traditions come memories. When a child is way from home and misses their family, these memories may be able to comfort them. If the memories are good, they may bring happiness. A situation that may not have been funny at the time may be funny upon reflection on it. Things like this help people's mental states more than they realize. But, with traditions being established in one generation, they flow on to the next and on to the next and so on. This is how traditions may become practiced literally for years.

Hearing about other people's traditions not only is a learning experience, but it also may even give you inspiration. When you learn of someone’s family traditions, you may get a different insight to their religious background or even their personal beliefs/values. They may do something completely opposite of what the rest of the world does to celebrate the same thing, or they may do something that seems minor to most but is a big deal to them. With these, their behavior may be questioned or even talked down on by outside people. But, of course, these negative opinions are ignored. This shows also how traditions cannot be negatively influenced by anything, because they are traditions for a reason. I believe these types of traditions are the most valuable and sincere. Importance can be given, but also earned.

Of course, in my family we also have traditions. Some may say one of them are unconventional, but I think it makes a lot of sense. On Christmas Day, instead of opening presents, we have a “Birthday Party” for Jesus. We dance and play music and shoot confetti. We also pray and thank Him for everything He did for us during the year. We also have food parties for various award shows and the Super Bowl, where me and my mom prepare most of the food. This one is my favorite, because the older I got the more things I could make/contribute to the party. I also could make more suggestions for things to be added or made. These two things are something I will always hold on to and carry on in my own future family.

In conclusion, family traditions are an important part of everyone’s lives. They can definitely have a positive impact on all family members.They have been going for centuries, and rightfully so.They help us establish routines and bring us closer to one another as a family. They are something all families should have and do regularly. Some things may not seem like “set traditions” or “established traditions,” but looking back on them, you may realize they were.