Family time has a high value

Family time has a high value

Family is life

2398
Family time has a high value
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/10/6364592769660945251788809938_shutterstock_48737587.jpg

Family Time

In the next few weeks, Holiday including Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas and many others will be celebrating as our minds are clashing with final assignments, heavy work loads, busy days at work, harder practices you name it. The gist of these times are to get close with family and then part ways afterwards to our busy lives. Staying connected in the 21st Century is easier yet so difficult. As our technology improves everyday, sometimes we part ways from our families and the only times to reconnect is by the holiday times. Honestly, we all do it, even without thinking and tend to forget ours roots back to everything from where we started. For the last five years, being two hours away, learning a career and building to be an adult, i value the time I spend when I can visit home.

It seems very special when I come home whether it is for a holiday, appointment, special occasion, my parents and I sit back and either play a game of cards or a board game. This is something I grew up doing through middle and high school. When coming back from college, we seem to always find a little time to toss the cards around, occasional loud voices, excitement yells, disappointment sighs, and high energy laughter. These are surely the fun times we always look forward to.

I try to give my parents are phone call as least two or three times a week which keeps them updated that I am alive and eating. Sometimes conversations last for 30 to 40 or even an hour at times but when I am home with them, conversations can be for hours and yet we know what we are doing with our lives from those phone conversations. My parents gave me the tools I need to know and have to survive however, unlike being a wolf cub after a certain age, we still feel the need to come back. I guess there is more to talk about or elaborate on many things in person than through just voice.

Busy lives in this busy world make our minds so flexible we understand e = MC^2 to the oven has to have at 450 degrees for 30 minutes for the turkey to roast and Joey is going to ask out Rachel next week. Being with family has its own stresses but also relaxing away from the world, the source of our roots. I take these times to drop everything that stresses me to take in where my family is at. I choose to stay close, help make decisions whenever needed and assist wherever I can. Helping relaxes me and I know they appreciate every bit of it.

Through these next few weeks, I truly hope whoever reads this take the time to reflect and take something out of this. Whether you still live at home or not, make the times with family something special. And as we close out of 2017 holiday season use these moments and continue to allow them to grow, family is your guiding star, don’t lose them.