Your Real Family Does Not Always Come From Blood

Don’t lose yourself trying to please people who are intentionally hurting you because you didn’t do what they wanted.

77
Alyssa Kruzinski

When you’re faced with hardships with your family, it’s hard to make what you call a "comeback," because it’s your family.

When you’re at a point in your life you don’t even want to be near them or send a text message to them, you know the relationship is gone.

Coming from a girl who had a super close relationship with her entire family with close-knit bonds to having almost absolutely nothing with them because you made a decision to better yourself, it’s hard to deal with because now you feel like you have no one and you feel like an outcast on that side of the family.

They barely talk to you anymore and they do things to you to be spiteful and hurt you on purpose to try and make you feel bad for the decision you made.

But what they didn’t understand was that you were drowning living the life you were, you were so unhappy, you got screamed at for the smallest things, you were basically being held captive in your own home at 17 because the person has control issues... Not literally being held captive but being told you could do one thing and then them changing their mind at the last minute when you’re already out.

They are so good at manipulating people that everyone believes them with only hearing their side of the story, not caring about how you felt or seeing things through your eyes. I never realized in until now that if they really cared, they wouldn't be getting mad at you for making a decision that's bettering yourself. You need to do what is good for you, you’re holding yourself back by doing everything a person says and not being yourself. Also, you’re letting them win if you constantly let them walk all over you and never stick up for yourself.

The “family” doing these things to you on purpose aren’t who you want in your everyday life.

Family isn’t supposed to do that, family is supposed to support you no matter what. Don’t lose yourself trying to please people who are intentionally hurting you because you didn’t do what they wanted. They will make you feel worthless and feel like you’re the worst person in the world but you’re not and don’t listen to that because none of it’s true.

Just because things look happy on the outside and in pictures no one knows what truly goes on behind closed doors.

Family isn’t always blood.

You can have family that is blood that treats you so bad and then you could have a friend and their family that treats you so much better than your actual family. Family isn’t all about blood. Family is about how someone treats you. You may never think it, but your own family will turn on you - even your siblings. Yes, it sucks, but if they want to leave, let them. You can’t stop them or change their mind. Just remember how they treated you when they want to come back in your life.

Do what makes YOU happy, not what makes others happy and if that means moving to a new state to explore new things and see the world then go for it. Your feelings matter and so do you.