To My Family As We're Going Through Hard Times

You mean more to me than a 4.0 GPA
787

Dear Family,

I can't imagine what my life would be like without having all of you in it. There is no telling how different everything would be for me without your influences; would I have gone to college? Would I have given up a long time ago? All I know is that I am who I am because of each and every one of you.

Lately, I've been receiving less than positive news regarding the health and well-being of several family members (immediate and extended), and it hurts me to know that people I love are hurting. I also know that it is in times like these when we need to stick together more than ever.

Here's what I want all of you to keep in mind when you or your loved ones are going through a tough time: I am always here for you - you and I both know that I'm not the best at knowing what to say, but I will always listen to you and let you confide your troubles in me without judgement.

Sadly, we all know that not everything is going to turn out the way that we hope and pray it will because that's the reality of life, and we also know that our family is not familiar with the concept of luck - what is it? I've heard of it but have never experienced it. But I hope you also know that I will do whatever I can to help make things positive in any way that I can, including helping take care of things around your house - and we all know how I feel about housework - so know how much I care about and for you.

Even when I'm busy with school or work, know that I will always make time for you in my schedule because achieving a 4.0 GPA doesn't matter to me more than my family: you will always come first - it will always be us against the world if it comes down to it.

We've all grown together, and each of you holds a special place in my heart and can never be replaced. I am so grateful for all of the love that you have given me, and I can never repay the kindness you have granted me but will try every day of my life to show you all that same kindness and support.

I love you so much, and nothing will change that. I hope that you know that I mean this even when I don't say it.

No matter what hardships come our way, I will be in it with you whether you ask me to be or not. My support is always at the ready.

Much love, support, well-wishes, and prayers to each and every one of you suffering or helping a loved one through a hard time.