Monday Nights Are Family Game Nights, So Monday Nights Are My Favorites

I wouldn't dare miss a Monday.

204

My entire life, I have lived a three-minute walk from my grandma's house. That doesn't mean that I always saw my grandparents, though. In fact, as I grew older and became busier, I saw less and less of them.

So, last summer, I decided Monday nights would become game nights with my grandma and cousins.

And let me tell you, they're now my favorite nights of the week. I love getting to spend time with my family. We play some board games, eat some dessert and just talk about our week. They are memories that I will hold dearly.

My grandparents won't be here forever. I am heading off to college soon, and I won't always be a three-minute walk from their house. My cousins are getting married and starting lives of their own. We are all growing up, and life is flying by.

Monday nights are a time when we can all come together and make new memories. I love Mondays.

And when life blows by (like it does), and one day my grandparents are no longer with us, I will look back at Monday game nights and smile because of the time I got to cherish with them. I will look back at living only three minutes away and be thankful that I was able to create such a loving relationship.

I would not be who I am without my grandparents. They have shown me a love that I know some of my friends don't receive from their grandparents. I am forever grateful that I can call my grandparents some of my best friends.

I have loved spending every Monday night for the past year making memories with my family.