A Letter To My family

A Letter To My family

50

When people ask me about my family, the first thing I tell them is that we're loud, like really loud. They usually smile out of courtesy, and then say their family is too. But I know that I, personally, can be louder myself than most families. The second thing I tell them is that my family welcomes everyone and anyone with open arms. We make people feel comfortable, and make them feel like apart of our family the second they walk through our door. We're not afraid to show our true colors or hide who we really are.

My family is my lifeline. I would never be where I am without them.

My parents are, by far, the strongest people I know. They dealt with the highs and the lows of raising kids and only complained a little. No matter what was thrown their way, my parents took care of us. They never stopped putting our needs before theirs. They raised us with love and admiration and from day 1, and I knew I could always count on them. Through every sporting event, school play, and the many, many broken bones, they were only a rock throw away. Not only are they the strongest people I know, but they are also my biggest fans. They pushed me to be the best version of myself. Teaching me how to be strong, compassionate, and competitive along the way. They gave me the greatest gift in the world, they believed in me.

My sisters are my best friends. They know just what to say when no one else seems to find the right words. They are the ones that understand how crazy our parents can be, and have been in the same position once or twice. They are ones who make me laugh till I cry, scream till my face is blue, and of course, dance till my legs fall off. They are the only people in the world who can be my mortal enemies one second and my lifeline the next. They've seen me on top of the world and the moments when I've just woken up. My sisters are my cheerleaders in life, always rooting me on to go further. They are the ones who keep me sane and on the right track.

“There's nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy. Or more exasperated. Or more… secure." - Jim Butcher

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for giving me such a beautiful family. Even though we fight like cats and dogs and get under each others skin, they are the only people I know will be there forever. So here is a letter to my loving, crazy, loud, and absolutely perfect family. Thank you for always being my personal support team and never giving up on me. I love you guys.