To Families Of College Students, Please Try To Be Sympathetic During These Weeks Of Finals

Regardless of if we get the results we want or not, we need you to believe in us and be proud of all the effort we are putting in.

739

As Thanksgiving has come and gone, Christmas is now slowly approaching, meaning that the end of the semester and finals are coming at us full speed. This is a stressful time for all students, whether we are trying to preserve a decent grade or improve one that might not be so great. All we want to do is get in the holiday spirit but must try to finish our semesters off strong before we can do so.

It is easy for this stress to get to us students because of the fact that we all want to do our best and succeed, that is why we are all in college after all. It is important for us to have a positive support system during this time, and for a lot of us, that means our family. As excited as we are to come home and for you as our family to have us back, we need your support from afar before we can do so.

We need your sympathy and compassion with our mini breakdowns or our frequent feelings of wanting to quit. We need you to answer our phone calls whenever we find ourselves needing to relax and take a break from it all, even if just for a moment. We basically just need to know you are there for us, through all the ups and downs that come with this stress of college and finals season.

Along with our urge to do well for ourselves, we also just want to know there are people out there who are proud of us. Regardless of if we get the results we want or not, we need you to believe in us and be proud of all the effort we are putting in. It makes us feel that much better when we know you're acknowledging the work we are putting in.

Overall, us college students just need you, our families, to be there for us through this difficult time. Finals season may make us want to cry, break down, and even given up, but we need you to be there and remind us of the reason we are doing this. Do your best to put your college student at ease whenever possible so that we all can come home for the holidays feeling as though we accomplished something great.