short fiction

Familiar Faces 18+

Another chapter from Five Nights in Denver. Keep up with the latest chapters on https://www.wattpad.com/user/nikkirezz

1665
Familiar Faces 18+

After Josh left my room, I took my time getting my things together and taking a shower. At first, I was overwhelmed with what I had just allowed to happen between the two of us but after some calming breaths I started to rationalize that situation. I made a mental list of all the reasons why this was a good idea but the more I thought about it the more I worried that I was setting myself up for disaster.

As I came out of the bathroom, I jumped at the sound of our front door opening.

“Oh hello my darling!” I knew who it was before I rounded the corner.

“Jaxson!” I went running and practically tackled my other best friend.

Jaxson had been roommate with Josh and Maverick during our freshman year. We both loved reading and heavy metal music. He had two sisters so whenever he was feeling home sick he would come down to visit Lauren and I.He has been my show mate ever since and my best friend when Lauren left for a yearlong internship after we graduated.

We stepped back from each other and he placed his hands on my shoulders. His eyes wandered my face for a second before he spoke. “How did you first night go? I heard Josh is already here. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Josh showed up earlier this morning. He brought breakfast for Lauren and I.” I hadn’t even told Lauren that Josh and I slept together a couple hours ago. Not that it would surprise her the tension between us when she walked into the hallway this morning was so thick you needed a machete just to cut through it.

“Where is Miss Lauren? I figured she would be here.” Jaxson asked completely changing the topic. That was what I loved about him, he could always tell if I wanted to have a vent sesh or just leave things unsaid.

“To be honest I don’t know. She was here. Maybe she went to help Mindy with something?” Lauren normally would have walked in and told me she was leaving but I didn’t think too much about it.

“I’m sure she’ll turn up sooner or later. Until then tell me all about everything it’s been way too long.” He dropped his bag on the chair in the living room and plopped down on the couch patting the spot next to him.

“It’s literally been three days.” I rolled my eyes as I took my place on the opposite side of the couch. I extended my legs, so they laid over his lap like we did almost every Thursday night when he came over to watch Grey’s Anatomy with me.

Jaxson was an amazing best friend. He was stunning at six feet tall, black hair, olive skin which was lightly tanned from his last trip to Costa Rica, and the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen. He looked like trouble but underneath his tough exterior was a sweet and compassionate man. Sometimes I wondered why I never just tried making something happen with Jaxson but that was the trouble with having an overly attractive best friend, one wrong step and you could ruin the entire friendship. I loved Jaxson and the physical chemistry between us was there, but I could never see him as more than my friend.

Jaxson picked up my foot and began to massage the soul of my foot. I audibly moaned at how good it felt. My shoes last night had destroyed my feet, worth it the pair of black stilettos made me five inches taller and took my stumpy legs from pathetic to luscious.

“You wore the spiky shoes last night didn’t you.” It was a statement. He knew they were my favorite.

“I needed the support.” I said which wasn’t a lie. The spiky shoes as he called them made me feel confident and hot which is exactly what I needed when I saw Josh last night.

“So, what happened? Give me all the details.” Jaxson said as he switched feet and continued working his magical hands.

“Last night he wanted to talk so we did, and he told me how sorry he was. He said he made a mistake and that he wanted a second chance. He came over this morning with breakfast and we agreed to try four dates.” I left out the part about Lauren leaving and us sleeping together. Jaxson and I talked about our sex lives but after Josh and I broke up he’s become more protective of the men I let into my life.

“You fucked him didn’t you!” He said with his knowing smile. He always knew it was as if he got a notification on his phone every time I got laid.

“Jaxson!” I scolded him. “Yes we fucked as you so eloquently put it.”

“Wren you know how he played you last time are you sure you want to open that can of worms again?” The concern in his voice reminded me that he cleaned up the mess Josh left behind as much as Lauren did.

“I’ll be fine.” I said but I didn’t know if that was true. Something in my gut told me I needed to do this. Even if my two favorite people didn’t think it was a smart idea.

He looked like he wanted to say more but he stopped himself. “As long as your happy Wrenny.”

The sounds of the door opening stopped the conversation before I had to answer.

“Well, there’s the other third to my favorite throuple.” Jaxson said as he stood and went to wrap Lauren in a bear hug.

“Look what the cat dragged in!” She said smiling.

“Where did you go?” I asked as Lauren closed the door behind her.

“Had an errand to run. You were in the shower when I left, or I would have dragged you with me.” She said it with a smile, but something didn’t feel right. If Lauren didn’t want me to know what she was just doing she had a very good reason for it. We told each other everything.

“You almost ready to go?” I changed the topic. No point in lingering on one she didn’t want to talk about.

“Yes ma’am!” Lauren said. “Just need to grab my clutch and shoes.”

Fifteen minutes later and we were making our way to the tasting room at the resort. The building didn’t look as big from the villa, but it was a massive space. The twinkle lights were the first thing I noticed as we walked into the gorgeous space. They were hung around the room wrapped with ivy giving the space an elegant yet natural vibe. The floor to ceiling windows must have held a view of the vineyards but because of the time of day you weren’t able to see the full scene. Barn doors enclosed a smaller private tasting room with smaller circular tables. That was where we would be taking most of our wedding party photo’s on the day of the wedding. We finished walking around the room and made our way to the table at its center.

The table sat in the middle of the room large enough for a family of thirty but for tonight would hold just ten. Mindy and Henry’s chairs were at the center of the long table one on each side with two chairs on either side of them. The one side had white covers, the other a deep burgundy. It matched the rustic feel of the space beautifully.

Mindy and Henry arrived next, followed by Clara and Ashley who had Jaxson and Anthony following behind them. As we all began to take our seats, I could feel the air in the room shift. The hairs on the back of my neck started to stand and I knew without looking up that Josh had finally arrived. Normally I would have rejected or ignored the effect he had on my body but if I was going to find the closure, I wanted I needed to allow myself to feel this. All of it.

No name cards were assigned but it seemed pretty obvious how we should be seated.

“Okay everyone. First, I want to thank you all for coming and spending a long weekend with us. It means the world to us to have you here.” Mindy began. “Most of you already know each other but we are hoping that we can make things more comfortable by giving you some time to get to know each other.”

I had to hold back my laughter. Ashley and Clara were like family to me, and I lived with Mindy and Lauren in college. Maverick, and Anthony were friends with Henry, Josh and Jaxson during college and hung out in the same circles as I did but I hadn’t seen them since Jaxson’s birthday in July.

“Lauren you will be paired with Maverick. Ashley you are with Jaxson, Clara with Anthony and Wren with Josh. Tonight is to let you guys get reacquainted and to celebrate the importance you each bring to our lives.” Mindy was tearing up as she finished.

“Sit where ever you would like and enjoy yourselves.” She finished and raised her class in a toast.

“Cheers!” we all said in unison. Raising our glasses in the air.

The night was going by pretty quickly. Josh spent most of the evening catching up with Maverick, Anthony and Jaxson while the girls and I did the same.

“I’m not sure what I was thinking when I took this job.” Ashley continued. She was discussing the new job she took which required more travel than she had anticipated. She’s an interior designer and her new company has been sending her all over the country.

My phone vibrated in my pocket.

Come outside Princess.

I scanned the room only to confirm what I already knew. Josh was no longer inside and was outside waiting for me.

“Excuse me, I’m going to use the restroom.” I said and walked away from the conversation.

The air outside was chilly than I had hoped for but the long sleeves of my dress kept the chill out of my bones. I scanned the space in front of me until my eyes landed on the one thing I was looking for. Leaned against the lamp post Josh stood in his black dress slacks, black button down, and black jacket. He looked dressy casual and it worked for him. The dark colors of this clothing complimented the light features of his eyes and hair making him even more gorgeous than I remembered.

“You enjoying the view Sunshine?” He asked as he started walking toward me. His casual outfit was a stark contrast to the fire going on behind his eyes. The molten fire that sent shivers down my spine was moving toward me like a wild fire.

“And if I do?” I was surprised how calm and collected I sounded considering how close I was to melting into a puddle before him.

He stopped in front of me and we stayed there staring at one another for what felt like an eternity. I couldn’t help myself and my tongue involuntary licked at my bottom lip.

“Princess, if you want something all you need to do is ask.” His voice was so deep I barely recognized it. The desire in his eyes matched his tone. My eyes must have matched his as he said the words because the fire was now roaring so brightly I had to look away.

He could tell I wanted him but I didn’t want to ask. I had stopped asking for what I wanted from a man after he left me. I had no problem before him being open and honest about my likes and dislikes in the bedroom. I had no problem being the girl who asked the guy out….until him.

He must have seen the shift in my mood because his fingers gently tipped my chin up to look into those ocean blue eyes. The fire was still there but a new emotion took center stage. Concern? Compassion? Hurt? I couldn’t figure it our exactly.

“I would pay infinite amounts of money to know what’s going on in that mind of yours.” He said it to me but the words sounded like he was talking to himself.

I had agreed to this because it was supposed to help me. It was supposed to make me feel like me again when it came to my romantic life and the only way to do that would be to allow myself to face these fears. He wants me I know he does and it’s time I start voicing what I want again.

I straighten my shoulders and met his eyes. “ I want you…sir” I whispered the sir but the point came across exactly as I had hoped. The emotion that clouded the fire in his eyes disappeared at my words and was replaced by the blaze of desire.

“Well Princess. I can make that happen.” He took my hand in his and we began walking back toward the villas. Each step we took felt like another chain coming off the box that locked away everything I used to be.

The crisp air cooled my flush skin as we made our way as we made our way back toward the villas. Josh laced his fingers with mine as we took in the starry night sky above us. One part of me wanted to over think what was about it happen but I knew that thinking about what was happening between Josh and I was going to distract me from what I needed to do here. I needed to rid myself of my need for Josh. I needed to unbox the heart break I’ve been carrying with me so that I can let someone new in. My heart panged at the idea of someone other than Josh holding my hand. I shook away the feeling, he wasn’t mine anymore, he would just hurt me again if I let him back in. I shoved my feelings down as we arrived at my villa. He released my hand so I could retrieve the key from my clutch. I could feel the heat of his body behind me.

“You didn’t answer my question, Princess. I don’t like asking twice.” I wanted to say the shiver was from the chill, but I knew it was from his words.

“I technically did answer.” I said with a mischievous smile. I knew that my answer wasn’t what he was really asking but I hadn’t voiced my needs in so long it felt strange saying those things out loud. I unlocked the door, and we stepped through the entrance. I placed my bag on the table in the hallway and made my way toward the kitchen.

“Can I get you something to drink?” I asked. I was trying to calm my nerves by making myself busy. Why did I feel so nervous?

“No thank you.” He said as he stepped towards me.

When he was close enough that his lips were only inches from mine. “You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.” He said the words as if he was talking to himself.

I blushed and turned away. “Thank you.” I whispered.

“Still have trouble taking a compliment I see. We’ll need to work on that.” He brought his hand to my cheek and tucked my hair behind my ear.

I licked my lips. My heart was beating so hard I was sure it would explode from my chest and end up on the floor between us.

He kissed me softly this time. First my lips, then my cheek, making his way down my neck to my shoulder. “Your skin is so soft. I could spend hours kissing every inch of you.” He said as he continued his assault on my senses.

His lips, his scruffy chin, his words were all swirling around my head fogging any semblance of thought I may have had. I dropped my head back, giving him more access and submitting myself to the feeling of him.

His lips made their way back to mine but this time they were desperate and filled with desire. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he scooped me up into his arms. He walked the short distance to the island in the kitchen and placed me on it.

He stepped back before he dropped between my legs. His hands slid from my knees up to my hips. It felt like molten lava moving up and down my thighs. “Every inch of you is so soft Princess.” He started kissing me again this time he started at the inside of my right thigh just to wear the seam of my thong sat coasting across the place I wanted his lips most to work his way down the left thigh. By the time he was back at my knee I was drenched and panting.

He looked up at me and the desire in his eyes was a mix of pure heat. “What is it you want from me Princess?” He asked as he moved his hands again. “Do you want my hands on your body?” His hands left and were replaced by his lips. “my lips?” his tongue followed the path of his hands and I moaned.

“Tell me Princess. Use your words.” He always wanted me to say it because he knew it turned me on too. I liked being in control of my pleasure, but I also wanted to be controlled it was a difficult line to tread. Tonight, was not about submission tonight was about pleasure.

“I want you inside me.” I whispered the words. It was the best I could do.

“Like this?” he said as his fingers finally skimmed under my thong and touched my sex. My core clenched at the contact.

He started to move his fingers in and out rubbing his thumb over my clit sending pleasure scorching through my body. My breathing became even more erratic. The sound of fabric tearing brought me back to the moment when I realized he had ripped off my thong and it was laying on the floor.

“You’re so wet for me Princess. So beautiful you smell like heaven.” It was the last thing I heard before his head was between my legs and his tongue replaced his fingers. He licked and sucked at my sex darting his tongue in and out. I could feel myself getting closer I needed more of him and as if he could read my mind his hand joined the assault his tongue had started.

The sensations were becoming too much. His fingers moved faster, and my body began to respond to his movements. I was riding his face and hand as he devoured me like I was his last meal. His fingers hit the spot that only he could find as his teeth nipped at my clit. My sex tightens around his fingers as I exploded in a mind blowing orgasm.

The world had just started to settle when he appeared in front of me again. His hair was sticking up from my hands grabbing it and he had unbuttoned the top of his dress shirt. He looked delicious and I wanted to enjoy every bit of him. I went to stand but he was faster. He scooped me into his arms and made his way toward my bedroom.

“That was a delectable appetizer, Sunshine. But I’m ready for my main course.” He tossed me onto the bed and closed the door behind him. If that was the appetizer I wasn’t sure I could handle the main course.