Fall For Fall

Fall For Fall

I do every year.

6894
Fall For Fall
Jessica Fuqua

Finally, the weather is beginning to feel like Fall. I woke up the other morning and felt the cool breeze in the air-- it wasn't too much, but it was just enough to bring that excited feeling back to my bones. My body sensed the slight change immediately as I walked out my front door. Pretty soon, I'll be wearing sweaters instead of t-shirts and Toms instead of flip flops.

I don't have a favorite time of the year, honestly. I love each season equally. There are several different aspects of each individual season that bring a smile to my face. With Fall, my favorite part is the crisp air that whips sweetly around me. I also love the changing of colors in the landscape and how the sunset and sunrise also changes. I love wearing sweaters and feeling all cozy and warm.

I'm excited for October. Pumpkin carving, hot chocolate, baking cookies, bonfires and Halloween are just a few wonderful things that October brings to my mind.

Plus, change is nice. Yes, summer is fun and amazing. However, after ninety days of walking around on the sun, I'm ready for some cooler weather. Living in the South during summertime is no joke. I do love to swim and lay on the beach catching some rays-- don't get me wrong. I also love football season and enjoy the other beautiful and fun-filled moments that fall brings.

I don't care about pumpkin spice drinks or Ugg boots-- or scarves, really, because they just burn me up.

I'm thankful for the season change. It's a refreshing time for me and many others. Fall always creates something delightful and inspires me to do so. You can't resist the allures of this season-- whether it be her varied pallette of colors or her gentle, coolness-- something will draw you in for a while. You'll belong to a new season until it's time for the next one to roll around.

It's such a beautiful and amazing world we live in. Thank you, Jesus.