Falling In Love With Fall: 15 Things I'm Most Excited About

There's much more to look forward to than just falling leaves and cool, crisp air.

56
Google

Summer is slowly trickling away and soon Autumn will have taken its place. I love this time of year, I always have. The crisp, crunch of leaves and the cool air give the season a distinct feel. There's just something about it that makes me wish the season would stay longer than it does. Well, make that fifteen things. I have been waiting all summer for these and now the wait is finally over!

Here's the reasons why I fell in love with the fall season:

1. Fall Clothing

Hoodies, sweaters, scarves, flannels, cardigans, and most importantly leggings. Super comfortable to wear while also staying stylish.

2. Riding Boots

I have at least a few pairs of these in my closet. They are my go-to type of shoes throughout the season.

3. Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Whether I stop at Starbucks to get one or at my college's own café, this drink is one I have to get at least a few times.

4. Actually, Just Pumpkin-Flavored Everything

Pumpkin-centered recipes are irresistible. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies...it's all so delicious and mouth-watering.

5. Fall Scented Candles

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, and Honeycrisp Apple are my 3 absolute favorite scents, all of which are from Bath & Body Works. Walking into a room and having these scents fill the air make a room feel so cozy and puts a smile on my face.

6. Football

No matter what team you support and no matter if you watch professional or college football, this sport just makes the fall season even more exciting and suspenseful. I love putting on my jersey, sitting down with my friends, and watching my team fight for a win.

7. Scenery and Leaves Changing

Seeing the leaves change from green to shades of orange, yellow, and red is such a pretty sight. It makes everything so beautiful to look at and I can't help but to stop and appreciate that beauty every once in a while around campus.

8. Apple Cider

Another signature fall drink. It's nice to take a break from all the pumpkin drinks occasionally. I'm already looking forward to buying a gallon of it to keep in my fridge.

9. Haunted Houses

This is more of my friends' favorite than my own. I get scared really easily so I tend to avoid the haunted houses. Yet my friends still always try to convince me to go to one. They've gotten me to go once, we'll see if they manage to do it again.

10. Hay Rides

Whether you go on one to have fun with friends and family, to feel like a little kid again, or to cozy up with your significant other, hay rides are a quick and fun way to get out and enjoy the fall weather and scenery.

11. Halloween

I'll be honest, I already have ideas in mind about what I want to dress up as this Halloween. I may be a college student, but that doesn't mean I can't still have fun with the costumes for Halloween parties.

12. Pumpkin Patches and Pumpkin Picking

Visiting the pumpkin patch has been one of my favorite things to do with my family over the years. There's nothing quite like having a contest with my siblings to see who can find the best pumpkin.

13. Bonfires

The smell of burning wood, the crackling noises coming from the fire, and the warmth from the fire make having a bonfire so worth it. Now if only I were home to actually use the bonfire pit in my backyard that I made over the summer...

14. Scary Movies and Halloween Movies

Like I said earlier, I get scared pretty easily. But that doesn't stop my friends and I from having scary movie nights each week. I'm sure "Cabin in the Woods" and "Blair Witch Project" are going to be viewed in my near future, even though I'd much rather stick to the "Halloweentown" movies.

15. Chilly Weather and Cozying Up

The weather is what makes fall feel like fall. I love the heat and the sun, but I'm more than ready to trade it in for chilly nights...especially if it means I can cuddle up under a few blankets.

Happy Fall, y'all!