Why You Should Be Falling In Love With Change

Change is God's way of giving second chances.

78

When we hear the word ‘change’, we often think of having to give something up. Well what if instead, we begin to think about what is to be gained? This isn’t a “how-to” article on how to fall in love with change. It’s simply an article about falling in love with what was, what is, and what could be.

Change is inevitable. It’s going to happen whether we are ready for it or not. It’s challenging and hard at times. It's forceful, full of surprises and heartbreak. It's silent, even during the best times of your life. When you think you're prepared for it, you're still not fully prepared when it does happen.

Change is a process, not an event. Therefore, it will take time. Without change, we would never feel uncomfortable, and without feeling uncomfortable, we would never be forced to grow into something much bigger; much better.

Change is the biggest step of faith. It’s going to force yourself to go somewhere you’ve never been. You’re going to feel frightened, wondering where your next step will be. As humans, it's almost impossible to not fear something. Psalm 32:8 simply states, "I will teach you the way you should go; 
 I will instruct you and advise you."

It states that change is instructive. You will always learn from change. It will always lead you to where you need to be at this time in your life. Change is to blame for making you into who you are, who you are supposed to be, at this very moment.

It's important to learn to lean on God and begin to take every burden, every worry, every doubt, and every fear that you constantly battle with, and place it in God's hands and just trust that He is good and faithful, always. After all, He is bigger than any and all things.

It's time to come to the place in life where we say, "Okay, God. Whatever You want to do, however You want to do it, I am satisfied." In saying that, we can always guarantee that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

In reality, we only see a little portion, a little puzzle piece, of the bigger picture when God sees the entire thing as a whole. The Word of God simply tells us, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and He will show you the right way” (Proverbs 3;5-6). That in itself forces us to change; to change our heart, to change our perspectives, and to change our priorities.

God is good. So why can't change be good, also? It can, it will be, and everything will always work out for the good of those who love Him.

So do it. Fall in love with change. Fall in love with Jesus and the plan He has set before you. So when change begins to happen, embrace it, and know that it is the will of God for your life.

Finally, never forget the now. Love the now, for it is exactly what it should be. Every struggle, every tear, every laugh, every smile; this season of your life is where God has ordained your very step and has planted you. So for now, live life and embrace all it has to offer.

Then when change does come, fall in love and then some.