When Falling, Enjoy The Ride

When Falling, Enjoy The Ride

Learning how to fly... Or fall...

29
When Falling, Enjoy The Ride
free fall

"We learn to fly if we can't, then we just free-fall."

I was listening to my radio tonight when a song came on, May We All by Florida Georgia Line. The lyrics just slid past me until one particular phrase caught my attention.

We learn to fly if we can't, then we just free-fall

It was the perfect description to my week, you see, this was my first official week of my freshman year at Walla Walla University. It had been a great week but I was beginning to lose my footing and slide. I struggled through my classes and hoped for better days to come, but honestly, I felt just like I was drowning. With papers due, reading to complete, and analysis to be done; I was so overwhelmed.

As I heard this song however, it reminded me of what freshman year was supposed to be. It's supposed to be a game of touch and go, learn as you move, and keep moving forward.

Maybe I'm not flying today, but I am getting the hang of free-falling.

This advice is for all of you out there who feel like you're drowning in a sea of the incomplete, keep your head up. Free falling is so much more than a last resort, to some of us, free-falling is far better than flying.

I decided to not be afraid of falling.I always thought that I was born to fly, but perhaps I have been mistaken.

In this life there will always be things that we struggle with, things that pull us down, and hold us tight. We wonder why we are cursed with such a struggle, but in reality; perhaps this is just the chance to learn how to free fall.

My next question however, is HOW are you going to free fall? When you feel your fingers losing grip and you begin falling, how do you go? Is it with grace? Or are you clinging to something that is not meant for you? Are you too frightened to let go?

Well I assure you, if you let go; you will learn how to fly, or you will feel the rush of the of the air during the fall.

In Isaiah 41:10, it says "Fear not, for I am with you." I always was a little timid about this verse, although it was my favorite. How would I know that He was with me?

I didn't, but one day when I was drowning in a sea of doubt; He taught me how to free fall. When I was hoping to find an easy way out, He taught me to push on despite the difficulties without fear.

So that is what I did. I'm telling you today, have no fear.

Enjoy the free fall. Breathe in the fresh air and find your way as you go.

Don't be afraid of the unknown, in taking the first step; you may just be paving the path that you were destined to walk.

Walk it proud and let no one change you.

If you don't fly, you WILL free fall...