Why Fall Is The Best Season Ever

Why Fall Is The Best Season Ever

It's end of story.
12

Fall is the best season ever. That’s it. End of story. I may be biased because my birthday is during the fall, but what is there to hate about fall?

The clothes are adorable. You can wear dark nail polish again with it being socially acceptable.

You can start going to football games, pep rallies and sporting events. Go team, go!

There are plenty of cool places to see the beautiful tuning leaves, whether it is in Boston or the Jersey shore. There will be orange and red leaves dotting trees, swiftly falling to the ground with a crisp scent in the air. You and your friends or significant other can do typical (but fun) fall events such as apple picking, pumpkin picking, hayrides and much more. You can drink warm apple cider, hot cocoa and go to fall bonfires.

Local farmer's markets will have fall goodies such as pies, apples and everything pumpkin. I may be cliché, but I love pumpkin spiced coffee, especially iced. I am obsessed with iced coffee. Pumpkin coffee, candies, cookies and treats are everywhere during the fall. There is something about fall time that is so nostalgic and refreshing.

Anyone who doesn’t have the pleasure of spending the fall in the northeast are truly missing out. In the back of my mind I have always wondered what it's like to live in a tropical state. However, then I think how weird it would be to live somewhere with no set seasons. I could never imagine not having seasonal changes with brisk mornings and chilly nights that are perfect for dates picking pumpkins and grabbing a bite to eat.

Maybe it’s also awesome that fall leads up to some pretty amazing things? Summer is great because it means endless adventures, beach days and no school, but there aren’t really many fun holidays over the summer to look forward to. I love looking forward to a new school year where I can wear my new clothes and use new school supplies (yes, I’m that weirdo who loves office supplies). I can look forward to my birthday rolling around in October. I can look forward to Halloween in October!

Halloween -- it went from going trick or treating with friends, to Halloween parties and now hitting up bars decked out in Halloween gear. I still have yet to be a French maid, mermaid and gumball machine, but those will be happening soon. Don’t worry, I will probably be the 40-year-old mom still dressing up for Halloween (and no, not in the cliché pumpkin costume!). Once Halloween goes by, then comes Thanksgiving. Holidays spent with family and an array of food is always a pleasure. You get to catch up with loved ones while having turkey and stuffing until your food baby is large and in charge. Of course, no matter what holiday you celebrate, they generally happen in the winter which means the fall season leads to Christmas, Hanukkah and the like.

So please give me a few reasons why fall isn’t the best season ever. You get to wear adorable clothes, spend time doing fall festivities and gather around the dining room table with family and friends that will make memories for a lifetime. I hope you enjoy this festive fall season.