Fall in love with Fall all over again

Fall in love with Fall all over again

The perfect playlist of songs about autumn.

11
Fall in love with Fall all over again
Clip Art Kid

Hi. My name's Megan and I love fall. I can't say that out loud in Arizona because fall doesn't seem to exist and according to some people, it's already Christmas. Not even days away from the Halloween madness, I've seen countless posts about it being November 1st meaning Christmas decorations can go up. We went straight from the spooky Halloween tunes, like The Monster Mash, This is Halloween, and Thriller, to the well-known Christmas carols like Jingle Bells, Little Drummer Boy, and everyone's favorite, All I Want for Christmas is You. People just seem to cut out the songs that make you feel like jumping in a pile of leaves while drinking hot apple cider at a pumpkin patch in November right before Thanksgiving. Here are 12 songs that embody the spirit of Autumn, even if you're in the desert.

1. Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran

"Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you? Float down like autumn leaves"

All the lyrics are hauntingly beautiful. Ed Sheeran's voice makes you wish you and your special someone we're dancing in a field under the stars. Hey maybe you should tell that cutie in your class you're FALL-ing in love with them then you can play this song at your wedding since they'll be madly in love with you for your use of puns.

2. Autumn in New York by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong

"This autumn in New York transforms the slums into Mayfair"

Personally, I'm a sucker for a good jazz song. I always feel like slow dancing or walking dramatically through the rain when Ella's voice drifts through my headphones.

3. The Boys of Fall by Kenney Chesney

"Young girls will dream of the boys of fall"

Now, I love country music like none other. This Kenny Chesney song captures everything I love about small towns and the Friday night lights. Boys of fall are some of my favorite boys, and this one always reminds me of some of my favorite memories.

4. Whole Damn Year by Mary J Blige

"And by autumn, I was left with nothing."

From here on out, this is my go-to when I'm feeling low. You can be in the worst place one year and the next year, you can look back at where you were. Fall is literally for turning a new leaf...

Sorry, I'll stop with the puns now.

5. Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day

"Summer has come and passed. The innocent can never last. Wake me up when September ends"

Would any fall music playlist be complete without this one? September is long gone, but that doesn't mean the entirety of fall can't be about reflecting on the past few months.

6. Fall by Lupe Fiasco ft. Rosy Timms

This instrumental from Lupe Fiasco warms my heart more than any fall song. It features kids laughing and jumping into piles of leaves and it just makes me smile from ear to ear.

7. Gone Til November by Wyclef Jean

"Yo, tell my girl, yo, I'll be gone til November"

This song is a bit of a tug at the heart strings. Wyclef dedicates it to the guys who are leaving for a while but they'll always come back. It's November, boy. WYA?

8. Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood

"Cause it's too cold for you here, and now, so let me hold, both your hands in the holes of my sweater"

If this song doesn't give you a "dance in your big comfy sweater on a bed with cute people at 2 am" vibe, then I don't know what will. Fall is everything sweater weather is. Embrace it.

9. Indian Summer by Brooks and Dunn

"And the sound of distant thunder, Indian Summer."

Indian Summer is basically Arizona. It's that really dry and hot time in the fall that makes you wish for colder weather. It's also when the summer fling tends to lose its magic. You know the end is coming, but there's always hope for a new beginning.

10. Autumn Almanac by The Kinks

"When the dawn begins to crack. It's all part of my autumn almanac. "

This song is fall. It goes through a list of everything that comes with fall and I don't think I will ever get sick of it.

11. The Best Day by Taylor Swift

"I don't know why all the trees change in the fall, but I know you're not scared of anything at all "

This is probably the one T Swift song I'll ever openly admit I like. It reminds me of being home with my mom and all the cool things she's taught me. And she literally talks about pumpkin patches and tractor rides. I don't know what's more fall than that.

12. We're Going To Be Friends by The White Stripes

"Fall is here, hear the yell, back to school, ring the bell"

Come the end of summer and the end of the spooky Halloween season, we find ourselves setteled into school. The White Stripes warm my heart in general, but this track in particular makes me want to sit down and eat pumpkin bread with my best friends.

So, while the leaves are maybe changing colors in your woods, go out to a pumpkin patch with your friends. Drink some hot cider. And always remember, Thanksgiving still exists. It's after Halloween and BEFORE Christmas.