What was that movie filmed at Fordham?

The Infamous Fall Filming at Fordham

What was that movie again?

2305
The Infamous Fall Filming at Fordham
Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash

If you were at the Rose Hill campus of Fordham last fall you would have heard at even seen the filming of a movie at the school. The day it happened everyone was buzzing about who was in it and what it was about. Clearly, no one actually knew anything about the movie other than the fact that they were filming a scene at Fordham and it featured our generational love for her role in "High School Musical", Vanessa Hudgens and the fabulous Jennifer Lopez.

This rare exciting, yet slightly insignificant event, caused everyone to repeatedly list all the movies that have scenes that were filmed at Fordham, to anyone who would listen.

The most known, of course, is "The Exorcist" being filmed in the grand main building, Keating Hall. Isn't that a cheerful thought? The idea that a movie about demon possession was partly filmed at the place that I live 9 months out of the year doesn't exactly make me excited to go to class in that building. Yes, I know it is just a movie... but it's scary!

Another movie that, in my experience, not many people have seen is "The Adjustment Bureau" starring Emily Blunt and Matt Damon, both of which are incredible. There is a speech scene with Matt Damon at Fordham on the steps of Keating, and this one does indeed make me a little excited about the idea of Fordham being in a movie. If you haven't seen it, you should watch it, even if it is only to see the steps of our school.

However, I think the movie that I am most proud to say was filmed at my place of study is the award-winning film "A Beautiful Mind" with Russell Crowe, with the true story of a math prodigy John Forbes Nash being filmed, once again, in the basement of Keating Hall. Even though it really isn't that fun of a fact for me to tell strangers that this amazing movie was partly filmed at Fordham because it has nothing to do with me, I don't care, they can listen to me and enjoy my fun facts!

And this new movie looks completely promising to hold up the reputation of good movies filmed at Fordham! I recently found the trailer to a movie with both Jennifer Lopez and Vanessa Hudgens, but can only assume that this is the product of the infamous 2017 fall filming on the football field! I am quite excited about it, but you should watch the trailer for yourself and see what you think!