8 Fake Friends That I Don't Need, End Of Discussion

Love is on everyone's mind, but friendship is just as necessary. Fake friends are a whole other story.

778

Friendships are a highly underrated and unacknowledged relationship. While everyone is talking about the romantic kind of relationship, the one kind of relationship that has seen you through all the memorable and what you thought at the time was the worst thing to ever happen to you in your whole life moments is still where it has always been. Friendships are just as powerful as loving yourself.

Loving yourself is a whole other kind of complex concept just because people are complicated. This is also why friendships have their own ups and downs. Some survive and some just fade away, slowly or just as soon as they arrived.

One of the things I am thankful for every day is having met my best friends that will continue to be my best friends for the rest of my life. They know who they are, but just like failed relationships, I had to go through some rough patches to find the friendship that really works for me.

And there are different kinds of friendships. None are like the others.

Fake friends are something I never considered ever having, but I ended up surrounded by them.

The kind of fake friends I had:

The ones who only friend you to steal your man

The ones that make drama even at your expense

The ones that never got over high school level drama: lies, backstabbing, rumors, the basics.

The ones that dump you when you dump your boyfriend

The ones that friend you to pass a class

The ones who friend you to sleep with you

The ones that friend you only to date your friend

The ones who feel sorry for you and so they keep you around...but you were never friends to start with

I wish all the fake friends I had before all the best in life. Losing all of you made me realize who I am and that anyone who wouldn't accept me for being the real me is not worth my time. I invested a lot in our friendship not realizing it never meant as much to you as it did to me.

But in the end, you all are fake friends. Fake friends, I don't need them.