Fairwell to my second year of college

A Farewell To My Second Year Of College

You were stressful but you were definitely worth it

acuevas1
acuevas1
8

Well, well, well

The time has finally come to say goodbye

You brought so many memories

I came in with one major and left with two

Thank you for showing me the beauty of a communication major

I'm not sure what I'll do with it just that but there is still plenty of time to figure that out

You made me an unexpected commuter with rides one semester

And then one without a parking pass

It was hard at first and there were days I didn't wanna get up

But alas, I made it through

Parking meters and bags of coins became second nature to me

Counting coins even helped me collect enough money for groceries on some days

You pushed me to finally get my license

Then there were the new friends

The girl I unexpectedly met while walking and listening to Vicente Fernandez

The girls in my Spanish class

The lady who heard me speak Spanish and approached me

You truly brought some amazing people into my life

The commuter lifestyle pushed me to make a study room

Now, I have my own little niche to relax in

Thanks for the cups of tea and the study nights you brought me

Living at home allowed me to be there for the people who needed me

Whether it be with game nights or Mario Kart

You even made one of my dreams come true

even if it was for a little while

you let me live with my cousin while our parents were away

You even pushed me to look for internships

You may have ended and I may have not yet found the perfect internship for me but alas, you pushed me there

You also pushed me to start looking into study abroad programs

Ecuador, Spain, Mexico, Europe, etc.

The programs and the scholarships are endless, who knows where next year will lead me

Thank you for everything

There may have been nights where I wanted to throw all the books at the wall

Nights where I simply wanted to go to sleep

Days where my plans were canceled because of unexpected assignments

But you also brought

Snow days to allow me to relax and catch up on all of my favorite shows

Game nights to help me bond with my little cousins

Movie dates with friends to relieve the stress

Date nights with my boyfriend to feel loved and encouraged

A trip with my mom to Mexico to visit the Virgencita

Filled with laughs and so many memories

But one of my favorite things you brought was food

I have learned how to cook so many amazing dishes that have allowed me to bond with the ones I love most

Oh, second year of college, it was a roller coaster

But I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world

Cheers to all the memories

Thank you for taking care of me

Wish me the best of luck in my third year

With love,

Your first generation Latina