Keeping Up With A Journal And 9 Other Summer Goals You've Probably Already Given Up On

Hey, at least your Netflix game is strong.

92

We all go into the summer with goals. We set them based on all of the things we wish we could've done during the semester, but didn't have time for. Now, we have nothing but time... but we still never seem to have enough to do these 11 things?

1. Journaling

You always say you're going to form this habit, write in it for a few months at best, stop doing it for some reason, forget about it, find it months or years later, and convince yourself to try again. It's a vicious cycle.

2. Exercise

Let's be real, you probably went to the gym maybe two times before you decided that you'd just wait until next year to have a beach body.

3. Your reading list

You probably had big dreams of getting ahead on all of the reading you'll inevitably have to do next summer, but here you are either just reading whatever the heck you want or watching Netflix.

4. Eating healthy

I mean, you probably tried to eat a salad every day, but honestly fries are just so much better.

5. Saving money

You thought about it, and you might've even tried it for a little while, but honestly, the only life for you is the broke life while you're in college. Cheers to eating crappy dining hall food between paychecks!

6. Researching grad schools

Aren't we supposed to be relaxing this summer? Yeah, trying to decide what I'm going to do with myself after graduation doesn't exactly fall into that category.

7. Keeping in touch with your friends daily

I love you guys, but the odds of me actually texting you every single day were small from the start.

8. Learning to cook

We all say that we're going to do it because, darn it, this year we will be able to make ourselves more than just pasta, sandwiches, and cereal! Lol yeah, right.

9. Drinking more water

I really do try to stay hydrated, but then every other drink just tastes so much better.

10. Organizing your life

You see those people out who seem to have everything in order and you think to yourself "their life seems so much easier than mine. I want that. I want to be like that person. I'm going to organize my life," but then you start actually trying to do it and realize that maybe you just aren't meant to be that type of person.

If you've given up on any or all of the above, know that you aren't alone and we're all doing it. Maybe we can manage to get ourselves back to doing just one before the summer is over?