Learning From Mistakes

Sometimes You Just Have To Accept A Failure To Learn The Best Life Lessons

Learn to let go of perfection because not everything you do in life is perfect.

30
Failed It book

Failure. That word again. We often view failure in a negative way. We think we have to be perfect the first time each time. We think we always have to be perfect in each aspect of our lives. We have to be the perfect student in college achieving the dreams either our parents or we decided, we have to show the perfect performance at work so that the boss or co-workers cant hunt us down, we have to be the perfect child and have to be the perfect friend. But honestly, did we ever think what perfection does to us?

In a society were taught to be perfect. We are taught from a young age what is right and wrong and within is the way to be perfect. We grow up in our middle and high school years achieving the goals that have been set for us but we achieve them with the mindset to succeed not to fail.

As soon as college hits we find our selves with more time and more responsibilities. Sometimes it might get overwhelming. For some it might be overwhelming because they are the role model in the family, they are the first generation and have to set examples to siblings. For others, it might just be getting time figured out and having the perfect schedule. Whatever the case maybe we always find a way to show or give the illusion of perfection.

Many people think that perfection is expectation. Anything below perfection is like saying I couldn't do it. There's that word again- couldn't. I couldn't do it or I just have too much going on that I can't take on another responsibility. When asking yourself what responsibility you have always make sure those are responsibilities that you willingly want to fulfill.

But let's be honest here some time those responsibilities aren't our choice but sometimes it's just a responsibility that we can fulfill at a later time. Knowing what priorities are and knowing how to manage your time are the keys to success.

A mentor once told me: "You need to choose one thing to fail at and then you will get it." That's something I have been living by ever since. Sometimes that failure just needs to be taking a day or two off work to get work done. Or to take an L on an exam. Or maybe just take into consideration that you worked hard and instead of being stress about perfection be relaxed and let failure help you learn.

Failure is just another chance of getting things right. Another chance at success. It doesn't always have to be a bad thing. The only thing about failure is if you constantly fail than you need a game plan that works for you. That game plan can simply be taking off work, having time alone or catching up on life.

Learn to let go of perfection because not everything you do in life is perfect. Failure is just another way of saying try harder, you got this, you will succeed.