5 Facts About Dolly Parton, If You Just Know Her From 'Dumplin'

5 Facts About Dolly Parton To Feed Your New-Found, 'Dumplin''-Fueled Obsession

Was I the only one adding songs from the "9 to 5" soundtrack to my Spotify immediately after watching Netflix's new film "Dumplin'?"

509

I can't be...

Well, if you haven't seen "Dumplin'," I recommend you do. Jennifer Aniston and drag queens, need I say more? You'll laugh, you'll cry, but most importantly you'll start listening to Dolly Parton.

Now, this may come as a shock to a few of you, but I am a feminist, and as such, after looking into her life a bit I immediately felt the need to share with the world (or my small corner of it) how awesome she really is.

To that end, here are five facts about Dolly that will only strengthen the obsession you may or may not already have.

She writes her own songs

And apparently "Jolene", was about her husband's flirtation with a long-legged, red-headed bank teller. Who saw THAT coming?! I certainly didn't.

Owns her own record label

In her own words: "As soon as I could, I started my own publishing company, got my own record label. I think it's important, if you can, to keep all of your goods close to home where you can control them and know what's happening with them."

She throws shade at stereotypes

This is a woman who clearly is comfortable with herself and could care less what society has to say about it. I mean, she has a song called "Dumb Blonde" and an album called "Backwoods Barbie." You go get 'em, lady.

She has her own charity

It's called Imagination Library and it donates one book a month to a million children.

She wrote "9 to 5"

If you're a fan of "Grace and Frankie", you'll wonder where this movie has been your whole life. And the answer to that is it's been around (if you were born after 1980, that is).

Trust me, watch it. You can thank me later.

She's a singer, songwriter, philanthropist, multi-instrumentalist, businesswoman, award winner and a gazillion other things. I mean, the woman has her own amusement park for crying out loud!

There are a gazillion reasons to love this woman, but the internet just doesn't have the attention span. So, if nothing else I hope I have inspired you to give her and her music a chance (even if you hate country music).