What Your Instagram Bio Says About You

What Your Instagram Bio Says About You

More like an autobiography.

5938
What Your Instagram Bio Says About You
@AlinaTomasevic

Through Instagram, we can get a good idea of what people are like based solely on the information they fit within the 150 characters to work with. It gives others an idea of what you have to offer to the table, and the message you are putting out whether or not your profile is private or public.

1. The College / High School athlete

If your bio consists of your schools football team followed by your number, or simply writing your university name with a #soccer. You definitely want others to know you are invested in one thing and one thing only: you. Kudos to loving yourself enough to let others know how physically inept you are in whichever sport you have chosen to pursue.

2. Frat/ Sorority

When you let people see what Greek organization you’re affiliated with it is a low key way of letting your followers and occasional stalkers know your pictures consist of mostly your brothers or sisters at formals or “big and little pictures." You can be certain these profiles consist of captions like “Rush Pike" or " thanks KD for introducing me to my family.” They will try and convince you these people are their soulmates regardless of meeting them through a series of “tests” or “tea party” events.

3. The Biblical Verse

These folks are pretty big on sharing their love for God. They want others to know the blessing of building a relationship with him so they try and do their part by squeezing a little verse in their bio to share his word to others. You already know all their pictures include #blessed #forhim. Disclaimer: These are the girls and boys in college you see often over the weekends sometimes making some ungodly decisions.

4. The Inspirational Quote

You think if people read your bio they will appreciate you for putting out some good energy & vibes. Surprisingly, 90% of your captions are other inspirational quotes like “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” Even though we know you’re going to get back together with him in two weeks Susan…you aren’t fooling anyone.

5. The Nationality & Location

Having the acronyms “MIA or NYC” in your bio so others know how exotic you really are only truly shows how basic you really are, but we get it, no one is going to put UTAH in their bio. However, if you really are from out of the country and feel the need to put your nationality in your bio then you really are proud of where you’re from. It’s not like we can’t tell you are Colombian or Brazilian based on your beach pictures with your flag flying in the air.

6. The Relationship Bio

Firstly, this stopped being acceptable after we graduated middle school, but here we are. However, it is a convenient way of letting those thirsty boys know you and Eric are over. Having your anniversary date or their initials written in your bio really proves your love for each other. Instagramers are committed to showing their followers their off the chart. Until that day comes when you drop that subtle hint you are single by removing the date or initials off. These are the type of people who remind you why you aren't in a relationship in college.

7. No Bio

No bio is a bio in itself. You just don’t want people to know much about you. Let your posts do the talking.