Experiences Are The New Luxury Good

Experiences Are The New Luxury Good

127
Experiences Are The New Luxury Good

Cars and homes are no longer the status symbols they used to be. Now, it's all about the experiences!

Whether all millennials realize it or not, it seems most are more likely to spend their money on an experience rather than material goods now more than ever. Instead of going out and buying the newest car, millennials would rather see their favorite band live or explore a new country. Many unique experiences take place where credit cards aren't accepted, so it's important to have a way to get cash when it's needed. Services like the Western Union app can help. It allows users to send money using their phone and recipients to pick it up in cash, so you're covered no matter what adventure you set out on. Here are some of the most popular experiences millennials would rather spend their money on than luxury goods:

1. Concerts

Because who doesn't want to see their favorite band in concert? You will never get any closer to the people you have been admiring all your life than at this one event. So you might as well enjoy it.

2. Music Festivals

If you think seeing one of your favorite bands perform is cool, imagine a whole weekend or week full of amazing performances! You will get to rock out with dozens of bands from a variety of genres the entire time.

3. Road Trips

Pack up the car and jump in as you and your best friends travel together. Whether it is a weekend trip to the beach or a country-wide road trip, make sure you have the cash to make it through your trip. If you need some extra gas money, mom and dad can send it to you fast through Western Union so you can keep on having fun.

4. Spring Break

Punta Cana, Cancun, Miami… one thing they all have in common is that they are tropical paradises perfect for college students. Spend your week the right way in a beautiful, party-filled place.

5. Studying Abroad

Enjoy a new country while taking some classes. There is no better way to learn than by exploring the different cultures of Europe, the savannas of Australia, or the mountains of Japan. And don't worry, with Western Union, you do not need to carry tons of cash with you. Your friends in the States can send you cash at the touch of a button.

6. Traveling Abroad

Studying in a foreign country is pretty cool, but what about just traveling to different countries? From the beaches of Greece to the Swiss Alps, there is plenty to see and many cultures to embrace.

This change in buying habits is causing a shift with how people use money all over the world, and many companies are adapting in order to fit the needs of this traveling generation. Western Union is doing just that. Western Union has been doing money transfers for a long time, but with the app, they make it so that no matter where you go, you don't have to stress over the money. Virtually anyone can send money in a few taps, either straight to your bank account or for cash pickup at one of the 500,000 Western Union agent locations across the world.

Don't believe me? Try it out for yourself! You'll be happy you did before heading out on your next great adventure.