Exhaustion Is Setting In

Exhaustion Is Setting In

I am so ready for the semester to end.

42

I've been in college three years now, and let me tell you, I have never been more exhausted in my life. I knew Longwood would be tougher than my community college, but I have never wanted a semester to end so badly. My motivation is shot, I'm trying to find a summer job, and I'm honestly struggling to keep up my mental health. Every time I find myself on the phone with my Mom, she asks me, "how are you?" and I give her the same answer, "I'm tired." It's the truth. Over the last few weeks, I've been in a constant state of exhaustion while trying to find the motivation to get the rest of the semester knocked out.

Trying to find the motivation to do my work is not a matter of "oh, I can't do this." It is the matter of finding the energy to. I know I can get all my work done and do it well. Just finding the energy to look at my assignments is nonexistent right now. I try to keep myself upbeat and remind myself there are just a few more weeks. Soon, I'll be sitting on a beach with some great people and not a care in the world. On top of school, I am struggling to find a job for the summer currently, and about to apply to where my oldest brother works. He's going to LOVE having his little sister wandering around. Everything seems to be taking more energy lately, I could fall asleep right now and not wake up until Monday.

As I deal with this exhaustion, I try to do things that help me relax after working on my assignments for so long. Like rereading a book, writing out a few sentences for a new story, or drinking a cup of tea. When I feel like I'm going to lose my mind, I remind myself that all of this is transitory. The state I am in right now is not permanent, and will soon end once the semester is over and the last final is done. I'll be free, well, for three months at least. For three months, I won't look like a tired raccoon with bags under my eyes and dress like I just rolled out of bed.

Just a few more weeks: only three papers, one project, some quizzes, a test, a presentation, and finals stand in my way of being done with the semester.