7 Ways To Exercise Self Care This Week, As Explained By Dog Gifs

These good boys want you to take some time to chill this week.

81
ISO Republic

As the academic year is starting to come to a close, and your workload is piling on and on, it is vital that you take some time in your week to relax and take care of yourself. Self care is super important for maintaining your sanity.

What is self care?

Self care can really be anything that helps you relax and feel good about yourself. These are just a couple ways that I exercise self care.

1. Take a nap

Even if it lasts just 5 minutes, having the chance to just close your eyes and chill is super important when you're constantly being stimulated.

2. Eat something delicious

That cake you've been thinking about all week? Eat it! You've been working hard, and you deserve to treat yourself for all your hard work!

3. Drink a nice cup of tea

My drink of choice is peppermint tea, but there are tons of delicious herbal options that will help you relax and restore your energy. Think ginger, camomile, or even green tea!

4. Call a parent or friend

Sometimes you need to take a break from stressing out and take to someone you love about it. Chances are, they can help you prioritize what you have to do next and lower your stress.

5. Exercise!

You don't have to run 20 miles to get some exercise that will help you destress. A brisk 5 minute walk is enough to help you clear your brain, so you can get back on the grind.

When your brain is starting to feel like mush, the best way to calm down and chill might be the shower. Showering is a great way to take a break and feel refreshed.

7. Look at some dope doggo pics

I don't know about you, but here is absolutely nothing that can make me smile as easily as some silly dogs being cute and amazing.

There are approximately a million ways to exercise self care! The most important thing to remember about it, though, is that you shouldn't be doing anything you don't want to do. If self care for you is just staring at a wall for 10 minutes, then that is perfect and exactly what you should do.

Most importantly, even if you are really busy, do not feel guilty for taking time to exercise self care. Sometimes, it is imperative that you take this time to breathe, and that is 100% okay.

You got this!