Captain Marvel

You Should All Be Excited For 'Captain Marvel'

The most powerful hero in the Marvel cinematic universe is coming!

97
Captain Marvel

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR "INFINITY WAR!!!!!"

Now that we got that disclaimer out of the way, time to get down with the news! Captain Marvel will be our next hero debuting next March. The summer movie season of 2019 is going to kick off a little early with "Captain Marvel" and "Shazam," who funny enough shared the same name at one point but that's not the point. Here's why we need to be excited for Marvels first leading lady superhero.

Move over boys! She is one of the most powerful heroes in the Marvel Universe. Period. Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios, said that she is the "most powerful superhero we've ever introduced." Which we desperately need if the heroes have any dream of taking down Thanos after he wiped half the universe out. I think she's going to be the first hero who has the actual power of flight, so that'll be something.

She brings some well known comic villains to the table. They are bringing back Ronan the Accuser from the first "Guardians of the Galaxy" and the Skrulls. The Skrulls are cosmic villains who have the ability to shapeshift along with various powers. In the comics, I think, they were responsible for Secret Invasion. Which several Skrulls took the place of well known Marvel heroes and infiltrated the Avengers and other hero factions. Really turned the Avengers on its head.

Also, we're getting a young Samuel L. Jackson. What more really has to be said?

I'm pretty excited for the film and how we're going to integrate her in the MCU. It's going to be awesome I think and I'm excited for the prospect of a trailer very soon!

"Captain Marvel" is releasing in theaters everywhere March 8, 2019.