Excited For 2018 To Be Over
New Year

I Usually Don’t Rush My Years, But 2018 Is Different — I’m Ready To See What 2019 Will Bring

2019 must be better.

111

2018. Another year zipped right past you and you didn't even see it flying. Some people are glad it's over and can't wait for a fresh start. Others believe the time is passing by too fast, and wish there was a way to make it stop or slow down.

Personally, I am usually one of those people who doesn't rush their years, but this year is different.

The second the clocked struck 12 midnight bringing us into 2018, I knew from that moment it was going to be a rollercoaster. The hardships encountered this year have been so extreme, I don't think its possible to encounter anything more extreme.

Most people truly want 2018 to be over as soon as possible. Whether it's the loss of a friendship, a relationship, a job, a loved one, etc., everyone needs a new beginning. It is now overdue. Emotions were higher than normal this year, but maybe that is just to set us up for the good of 2019.

2019. What will this year bring us?

The world may never know, but that's the excitement. We have 365 days to find out. Even though we still have a few weeks of 2018 left, I feel like surprises and shockers are over with. A fresh start means an endless amount of unexpected events and excitement.

For me, 2019 screams travel. Whether it's going to graduations, studying abroad or maybe even spontaneous getaways with my friends, there's going to be a lot of big events. I will be turning 20. And yes, it's not as big as 21, but I will be out of my teens so that is kind of a milestone.

Also, I am fortunate enough to buy floor seats at my favorite artist, be a part of Greek Sing at my university and next school year I will be on my sorority's executive board.

What I am trying to say is that if you are like me and want 2018 to be over, think about all the big or small events that await in 2019. It will get you a lot more thrilled for 2019, but don't forget to enjoy the last weeks of 2018 because you can never get time back!