These 5 Quick Ways To Stay In The Zone For Exams Are Literally Life-Changing

Get past procrastination and fully prepare for your tests with these helpful tips!

40
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/119486196352253367/

Preparing for exams can be hard, especially with online classes. It is super easy to quickly lose concentration while studying, and working with technology can sometimes become heavily distracting. Aside from the obvious tips people give such as sleeping and eating enough, there are more ways to ensure preparation for your classes. Here are 5 helpful tips on revising how you approach exams.

Clear Your Study Spot

The environment we study in is so essential and important to remaining focused when studying for classes. Make sure your study spot is comfortable, inviting and clean. A messy space is known to not be beneficial for focusing!

Plan Ahead

It is so beneficial to know how you are going to balance out your time throughout the day so all of the tasks you need to complete are finished. Having a planner and writing out a detailed schedule before your day begins will really help you out in the long run.

Shut Off Distractions

It is so easy to get lost on social media or answering texts and direct messages throughout the time you're supposed to be focusing. Putting your phone and apple watch away can help eliminate any possible tempting distractions while you're trying to study. Also, shutting off text notifications on your Mac can really become beneficial. If you have to use technology, like an iPad for studying, make sure to keep social media applications off of the device to help keep a steady focus.

Downtime = Success

If you are a perfectionist like me, it can be challenging some days to let yourself sit back and take a break. Giving yourself some extra time will greatly benefit you in the long run. It will be less mentally draining and you may even feel more energized after a much needed study break!

Keep Yourself Healthy

Sitting at a desk for hours upon hours, even with little breaks here and there can cause gravity to not push as much oxygen to your brain, adding to a stressful study session. During your breaks, make sure to move around a bit in order to keep blood flowing and your body well-energized and moving.