Everything I Want To Tell The Girls I Share A Bathroom With

Because girls are seriously gross.

3330
maryhicks7 / YouTube

Let's get real for a second. If you live in a dorm, you know that sharing a bathroom with 15-20 other people SUCKS.

If you live in a place similar to where I live, there are about 17 people living in my suite. We have 2 bathrooms with one shower, two toilets, and two sinks each.

And although we always give guys a hard time about having dirty bathrooms, the reality is that girls are messy and disgusting. So here's everything I wish I could tell the people I share a bathroom with.

1. Just FLUSH the toilet when you're done!

This, I just don't understand at all. No, we do not have automatic flushing toilets, but it's not difficult! It takes literally two seconds. If you don't want to touch the handle, which I wouldn't recommend doing at all, use your foot! It's common courtesy! It's a skill we all learned in elementary school! You can do it!

2. Stop putting your hair on the shower walls.

I shouldn't even have to explain this. If you find hair falling out while you're washing it, let fall down to the drain cover, and then pick it up and throw it away at the end of your shower.

If you INSIST on slathering your hair all over the shower walls, just THROW IT AWAY! I don't want to go to take a shower and not be able to touch the walls because your hair is all over it.

3. Leave the curtain IN the shower.

I don't even know why this is an issue. When you take a shower, leave the curtain IN. This way, water won't get all over the floor and I won't have to worry about stepping in it if I choose to go to the bathroom in my socks. When you're done in the shower, leave the curtain IN so no one has to step on it and slip.

4. Just throw your tampon away, where it belongs.

Believe it or not, there are two trash cans in the bathroom: one by the door for paper towels and whatnot, and one in the stalls for all your menstrual needs. Please, please, PLEASE just throw them away in the stall. I don't want to see your bloody tampons in the big trash can and I DEFINITELY don't want to see your blood on the floor (yes, this really happens).

5. Stop leaving your stuff in the shower.

We have shower caddies for a reason, people. I know we all forget and it's not really a big deal, but when you accidentally leave your giant bottle of conditioner in the shower, it's a little annoying. Just double check you have everything before you go.

6. If you're going to "do it," clean up after yourself.

Listen, we're all adults here, and I'm going to be blunt. If you feel the need to have sex in the bathroom, please clean up after yourself. I don't want to see condom wrappers on the floor and the cleaning staff definitely doesn't want to clean up the rest of the mess you made.

7. Just buy a robe!

I've literally walked in on girls standing naked outside the shower, waiting for the water to get warm. No offense, but I just don't really want to see that. Having a robe will make getting in and out of the shower infinitely easier, and it'll be easier on my eyes.

8. If you wash your dishes, make sure the food gets in the trash can.

There have been times where I've walked into the bathroom and gagged because someone was cleaning their dishes and soggy left food scraps in the sink overnight. It smells SO BAD. It's not that difficult to reach three feet behind you and dump out your excess food into the trash can. Or at least clean it out of the drain. Save the rest of us our sense of smell.

I know this is a lot of complaining, but seriously, it's bad. If we could all just follow good bathroom etiquette, the dorms would be a much nicer, cleaner, and more harmonious place to live.