Everything Is Worth Something

Everything Is Worth Something

A 2016 Reflection

44
Everything Is Worth Something

When you remember 2016, or any past year for that matter, don't lose sight.
Don't lose sight of the strides you made to be where you are now. The risks you took. The opportunities you used to your benefit. You are more than you were before.

Nothing you experienced this year was wasted.

For myself, I had my share of high moments and heartbreaks; of fun and fear; of giddiness and grief. But does it all mean nothing now that it's passed? You have the ability to decide that for yourself. When 2017 comes around, and the year after, and another year after, remember your advances and setbacks. Take advantage of what they gave you.

People like to say "Things end, but memories last forever". "Things" never end. Your life is a stack of "things" that never stops building. When you realize that things never end, your memories will begin to intertwine for a beautifully complete picture of who you are. It's the snowball effect. Everything comes together to mold you into who you are. I am, for example, a child of the One True King. Whoever you are, you were snowballed by everything that has happened to you up to this point. Nothing in your life is ever pointless. You were created to do something special with what you were, are, and will be given.

So start living like it.