Everyone Should Make A Vision Board And Live By It

My word for 2018 is "vision."

113
Ledjen

Vision.

It's officially the beginning of a new year and the time where a lot of people begin embarking on their "new years resolutions".

Although I believe you can begin a resolution at any point of the year, I do think the New Year is a perfect time to focus on what your goals and dreams are and what you plan on accomplishing in the year.

My word for 2018 is vision, and I thought no better way to make this a priority other than making a vision board.

Personally, I love to make vision boards. I use to make them before the start of a school year but this year, I figured I would make one at the start of the year that way I can give myself the entirety of the year to visualize what I want to focus on.

What is a vision board exactly?

A vision board is a type of creative tool that can be used to help you focus and concentrate on specific life goals and dreams. You can use a poster board to put together images that can symbolize anything you want to accomplish or do in your life.

When you create a vision board it becomes a visual reminder of what you want to bring to life. It's also key to put your vision board in an area that you see often that way you can do short visualization exercises throughout the day to help you stay focused.

Visualization is so important! When you visualize things you become more in tune with the things you feel and allow your feelings to become a realization. The more you allow your board to focus on the things you feel, the more they will come to life.

When you make a vision board it can be as creative as you want it to be: add notes, trinkets, sayings or quotes, pictures, etc. The goals is to make it as "you" as possible.

There's no specific way of making a vision board either! Everyone's looks different because they have different feelings, goals, and dreams. Put anything that inspires you or motivates you. Again, the goals is to bring this vision board to life.

Before making your vision board it is also a good suggestion to set the mood by doing things that relax you during it. Play music that you enjoy, light a candle and have a clear space to allow yourself to fully come into the zone of embracing your visions and feelings.

Your vision board can also be updated or re-done whenever you feel the need to. My mother has had one vision board that she has had for years, whereas I like to re-make one every year. It's ultimately up to you.

And lastly, HAVE FUN! I know that's cliche but making a vision board should be fun to do. You'll be proud of yourself when you get to the point where you're able to mark things off your vision board because you've accomplished them.

Here's to a successful 2018!

My Dad and his vision board.

My Mom and her vision board.

Me and my vision board.

My brother, Justus and his vision board.

My brother, Trusten and his vision board.