Why Everyone Should Value Friendship

Why Everyone Should Value Friendship

We've all had bad friends and good friends, but do we value our good friends enough? Do we know the difference between a good friend and a bad one?

5624
Why Everyone Should Value Friendship
Favim

Everyone thinks they are a good friend, they think they are kind, generous, and always there for their friends. Everyone always assumes they are the best friend. But unfortunately sometimes you assume wrong.

I value friendship higher than most other things. Why you may ask, because when you are away from your family your friends are the ones you turn to. You need strong friends, helpful friends, and someone who makes you better. A lot of times people will think they are good friends because they party with you or because y'all joke around together. And while yes, a friendship with those qualities is good, you also need a friendship that puts friendship first. You need a friendship that may not always be smooth sailing, but you know neither of you would hurt each other You don't need a friend that takes you to all the parties, you need a friend who takes care of you when you may have had a few too many drinks, a friend that you would happily babysit if they had too many drinks. You don't need a friend that changes around different people, you need a friend that stays true to who they are because then you know they will always stay true to their friendships. You don't need a friend who gets mad at you when they do the same things they get mad at you about, you need a friend who doesn't manipulate you, you need a friend who stands by all of your decisions bad or good.

It is so easy for someone to think they are a true friend, but when it comes down to it, true friends will never screw you over, they will never hurt you, and they will only lift you up. And that is why I value friendship so highly, it is hard to find qualities like that in someone, not everyone is willing to put up with you. Not everyone is willing to put in effort everyday. Not everyone is going to be there for you or be strong enough to lift you up. And though it may suck, it's ok. If someone cannot lift you up or stand behind you, it's probably because they need to work on themselves, or they were just not meant to be in your life. You cannot force a friendship and you cannot force someone to stay in your life, so if someone is not being a true friend, cut them out, it will be ok. It may hurt for awhile, but soon enough you will meet someone who is willing to be a true friend to you. And as they say about relationships, you will then understand why no one else was able to be a true friend to you.

But you cannot expect for them to be the only ones putting in effort and doing these things for a friendship. You need to put in effort everyday, lift them up, and act as a true friend to them. Once you are able to be a true friend, you will find others will be a true friend to you as well.

Friendships come and go, but true ones stay forever. So stay patient and calm, and always pray for the best in others and especially your friends. Because when you have no family around, you will need a true friend to help you. So say goodbye to the "friends" who hurt you, and hold close the friends who value you.