Guy Best Friend Thanks

To My Guy Best Friend, Thank You For Being My Shoulder To Cry On

Thank you for being you!

nyahkite
nyahkite
659

Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on when a boy breaks my heart. That means so much to me. Without you, I never could've fully understood what goes on in a guys head.

Thank you for taking me to get ice cream at 9 o'clock at night, knowing we had school the next day. Even though your truck wakes up the neighborhood, you'd still drive over to make sure I'm okay at three in the morning without any warning.

Thank you for letting me practice makeup on you, even though you'll never admit to letting me. You look great with sparkly pink eyeshadow and your eyebrows filled in, I promise. Also, you're welcome for plucking your eyebrows whenever they get bad.

Thank you for not getting mad when I pick on you and thank you for dishing it back. Just know that any time you cut your hair short, you're going to be bald, and your truck is always going to be a yee-haw truck, no matter how much you say it isn't.

Thank you for defending me countless times. I know you won't ever admit it, but you protect me just like I was a sister to you. I'll protect you too, just like I do with my brothers.

Thank you for cheering me up with stupid songs, for driving two hours to pick me up when I was upset, and for being you, and for randomly sending me snapchats where you're screaming "I love you" at the top of your lungs, so I never forget.

Thank you for taking prom pictures with me because neither of us had a date, but we refused to go with each other. They're some of my favorite pictures I have of us. They never fail to make me laugh because they describe our relationship so well.

Without you, there would be no moments at the table where you gang up on me with my mom to make me laugh, there would be no moments where we start fighting and I always lose because you pick me up and I can't stop you. There wouldn't be the moments where I find your truck parked around town and take it for a joy ride because I may or may not have a key.

Thank you for being my best friend. I wouldn't take back meeting you my freshman year, even though I would probably have a lot fewer bruises from the times that you beat me up because I think I'm strong enough to beat you. You get on my nerves, you frustrate me beyond belief, you annoy me by randomly meowing, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I know I annoy you too, but that's just what I do best. You'll always be one of my favorite people in life.

If you ever need help with a girl or just feel like talking to your favorite person ever, you know where to find me. I love you, Devi. Thank you for being you.