No Matter What, Life Goes On - And So Will His Presidency
Politics

The sun will still rise tomorrow.

22
Today

Well, this is it.

Whether you're excited at the prospect of a new administration, nervous, or just plain terrified, just remember: life goes on.

No matter what happens, the sun will rise tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that.

If you're scared of what the new administration will bring, that's okay. You're not alone. There are plenty of other people who feel the same way. Yes, unfortunately, there are people who might feel prejudiced towards you. There might be people who don't like you because of your race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity. However, there are other people (and arguably many more people) who are not bothered by you. There are many people who care about you and want to protect you. I promise you, you are not alone.

If you voted for Trump and don't see what all the fuss is about, please try to show some compassion. Listen to people who disagree with you. Listen to their stories, their hopes, their concerns. Do not call them names or mock them. The people around you are adults with genuine concerns. If you voted for Trump but don't agree with some of his rhetoric, speak out. Don't be afraid to call out others, even if it means calling out members of your own political party. Try to be empathetic. If it's too hard to empathize with others, think smaller. Try to be nice. Show a smile, lend a helping hand, and try to be a good friend.

If you're apathetic, educate yourself. Listen to those who are concerned about Trump, and listen to those who voted for Trump. Try to learn as much as you can about this new political climate.

Let's face the facts. This election is an anomaly. Trump does not have political experience, yet he was elected POTUS. Whether you see him as a fresh start or a recipe for disaster, just remember that life goes on. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your views), the government works slowly. Laws are not passed overnight. Even when one party has a majority in Congress, bills have to go through checks and balances. Some laws will affect your everyday life, and some will not. No matter what, life goes on.